JHM Drive Train Stabilizer (DTS) for B5 A4/S4 and C5 A6
FITMENT: Fits 1997 to 2001 B5 A4, 1997 to 2002 B5 S4 and 2000 to 2004 C5 A6(Manual Transmission and 2.7T engine only). For allroad visit the correct product page that includes the adapter for the allroad. Click to enlarge picture
Click to enlarge picture
Click to enlarge picture
Click to enlarge picture
For years we have been a big proponent of the DTS bar coupled with the JHM upgraded poly DTS mount for proper drivetrain stabilization for the demanding driver. The problem in the past has always been a high price and the soft rubber mount included. We now have the solution for both. The issue with the rubber mount with brand-x kits was that it just allowed the drivetrain (including the shifter which is attached to the transmission via linkage rod) to move forward and backwards too much. The rubber mount issue with current units that made the bar almost useless for hard launching, drag racing or heavy accel/decel road racing type driving was our biggest complaint. So JHM introduced the Polyurethane mount upgrade many years ago to help reduce this forward and backward movement. And NOW to help with price we decided to introduce our own bar with the polyurethane mount included FREE of charge. So you no longer have to buy the DTS then the $40 mount upgrade. Along with including a free mount we redesigned the bar for durability. Over the years we have found that the brand-x bars small screws that held the cross bar in place would eventually strip out if removed and reinstalled too many times, we even ran into several customers whos bars were stripped bad enough that their bolts would fall out and require expensive threaded insert repairs. We solved this with the use of a interlocking design that uses one larger bolt per side and gets its strength due to the tongue and groove style. So enough about our new bar, lets get to the details of this group buy. The JHM DTS is a straight bolt on upgrade using factory mounting points already on your car. NO cutting or welding needed! The JHM DTS is designed to clear all OEM and aftermarket downpipes that are routed in factory locations and uses high quality materials with a FREE Polyurethane mount included for maximum forward/backward movement reduction while aiding in some of the up and down movement as well. NOTE: Being that you are adding an extra mounting point for your transmission with a Polyurethane mount to help prevent movement of your engine and transmission little to no vibration will be felt vs. stock. I personally haven't noticed a difference and most of our customers say they do not notice it as well with the poly mount installed. Some hyper sensitive people may notice a tiny bit of vibration over stock and if this bothers you, you probably shouldn't be modifying your car anyways. INSTRUCTIONS: -->HERE Allroad Adapter supplement: -->HERE OPTIONS: Use drop down box below to select.
-Allroad Adapter Bracket: Select yes below if you have an Allroad.
VIEW LAUNCHING VIDEO TO SEE WHAT KIND OF ABUSE WE PUT THIS DTS AND POLY MOD THROUGH: -->HERE
For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
|Audi||S4||B5 (1997-2002)||2.7t V6 30v|
|Audi||A6||C5 (1998-2004)||2.7t V6 30v|
|Audi||RS4||B5 (1999-2001)||2.7t V6 30v|
- Works great but it did not line up exactly so I have the two outside 13MM screws in at a slight angle. that I had to enter with great force. They then aligned themselves about %85 so I was happy with the end result. I still give it 5 starts because it is possible that surface on my car is not even and could have caused the misalignment but regardless, it does it's job. I also found that even though my mouting holes for the ES Mount WAS rusty and cruddy, I did not tap it. I just soaked the hole and bolts in WD40 and screwed them in until they would get stuck, back them out, clean, re spray and it only took about 3 minutes per screw of inserting and backing out until it was all the way in. I would recommend it %100 percent. Additionally, It helped me isolate a clunk I was having :) (Posted on 2/27/2014)
- Car feels more like it should have been from factory. gear changes is faster and smoother. Higly recommended! (Posted on 7/22/2010)
- Hands down one of the best products i have bought for my car. The build quality and fit is fantastic. The difference before and after is incredible. Absolutely no drivetrain slop. None. A must for any serious Audi enthusiast. (Posted on 5/3/2010)
- Night and day difference. You can feel the traction when releasing shifts (even softly). Improved gas mileage especially when coasting in gear. Increased stability when turning and accelerating. A must have for spirited drivers, like myself, who are looking to bring their high mileage car back to life. I will complain there is some DT noise in the cabin when first installed but decreases once broken in. (Posted on 3/9/2010)
- Some hick-ups along the way, but was still able to install it after work w/ floor jack and stands. Now, gears flow with ease. Given the price, it would take a great deal of effort to out do it. To date this is the current must have for DTS. (Posted on 1/26/2010)
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov
It is 2.7t swapped with an 02x and I have managed to Jerry rig the b6 a4 brace but am seeking something better
Select options & add to cart to view final price