Transmission Rebuilt - 0A3 MT (JHM-Performance) for B7-RS4 with Updated 1-2 Collar, 2nd Gear
Select options & add to cart to view final price
INTRODUCING THE JHM PERFORMANCE 0A3 TRANSMISSION REBUILT TRANSMISSION!
JHM Performance Carbon Synchros:
We have been testing and abusing our JHM Performance Carbon Synchros for the 0A3 Transmission since 2013 in our Supercharged S4 and RS4s. We have been putting them to the ultimate test to make sure they can handle all the abuse we throw at them. We have improved upon the OEM Design featuring an improved coefficient of friction VS OEM which will result in better high RPM shifting. Our oiling grooves will provide better cooling to the synchros increasing the durability making them longer lasting. Best of all, they cost less than OEM synchros making these an incredible bang for your buck.
NOTE: This is a FULLY REBUILT 0A3 Transmission for the B7-RS4.
Is your transmission going bad? Do you have synchro issues and gear crunching? Do you have trouble getting into gear? Is your shifter randomly popping out of gear? If you have any of these issues and you want to fix your transmission issues right the first time, this is the Transmission for you!
Here at JHM, we've been rebuilding these transmissions since 2008. The most common issue that we see on these transmission is crunching or popping out of 1st or 2nd gears. In about 95% of the 0A3 transmissions we have rebuilt, the 1-2 Shift Collar and Second Gear are finished. That is why we include an OEM, UPDATED second gear. We want these Rebuilt Transmissions to last as long as the OEM Transmission did or longer. This is not just a quick "synchro slap" or basic rebuild. This is a rebuilt transmission that has been fully torn down and inspected and REBUILT with OEM, Updated parts.
The second most common issue that we've run into on these transmissions is crunching or issues with 3rd and 4th gear popping out. We have only seen this on about 40% to 50% of the transmissions we've rebuilt and can provide parts for this issue as needed.
When you purchase this JHM Rebuilt Transmission, we will send you a completely rebuilt 0A3 Transmission with all of the parts in our 0A3 6-Speed Rebuild Kit (OEM) Full for the B7-RS4. This kit features an OEM, updated 1 - 2 Shift Collar and a new, OEM 2nd Gear.
This FULLY REBUILT 0A3 Transmission for your B7-RS4 includes the following parts:
Click to enlarge picture
- JHM-Performance 3-piece Synchronizer rings (6)
- OEM, UPDATED 1-2 Shift Collar or Synchro Hub
- OEM, UPDATED 2nd Gear
- OEM Input Shaft Seal
- OEM Input Shaft Seal C-Clip
- OEM Input Round Seal or O-Ring
- OEM Selector Shaft Seal
- OEM Front Output Shaft Seals (2)
- OEM Rear Differential O-Ring Seal
- OEM Selector Shaft O-Ring Seal
- OEM Selector Shaft Detents (2). Even though these detents are reusable we include them for several reasons. It's best to replace the two detents at the selector shaft. Also, on some early 0A3 transmissions there was a reverse lockout issue and these updated detents fix that issue. Finally, sometimes these detents get damaged upon removal so it is good to have replacements when doing a rebuild.
- OEM Rear Output Shaft Seal
If you've got "crunching" while shifting or any of the symptoms described above, do not push the rebuild down the road and increase your costs when you finally rebuild the transmission. Look what happens to gears and collars when the symptoms are ignored:
Click to enlarge picture
Information About Freight, Labor, and Core Charges
Please select "No Shipping, Local Pickup" as your shipping option when you place your order. Once your rebuilt JHM Transmission purchase is received, we will contact you to verify the shipping address and the freight options you would like. We will contact you to collect the freight charges for shipping your transmission to you based on your location and needs. Additionally, we can work with you to arrange return shipping of your old transmission core. Shipping costs will vary based on your location and needs but should fall within $150 to $300 each way for customers in the Continental United States. Please call or email us for shipping quotes to international addresses.
The core charge for the JHM Rebuilt 0A3 Transmission is priced in the options above. We install our FULL 0A3 Rebuild Kit in this Rebuilt Transmission core. Once we receive the old transmission core from your vehicle, we will disassemble it and inspect it to determine how much of the core charge you will be refunded. Since we replace everything listed above, the core charge assumes an already damaged 2nd gear, 1-2 Collar, and replacement of all other items contained in our Rebuild Kit (Synchros, Seals, Detents, etc...)
For example, if the only things that are wrong with your 0A3 Transmission are fixed by our FULL REBUILD KIT, you will get 100% of your core charge credited to your JHM Account or your original payment method. If, for example, your transmission needs a new 3rd gear IN ADDITION to the items included in the FULL REBUILD KIT, you will get the amount of your core charge back less the current cost of a 0A3B7-RS4 3rd gear. As of 02-27-13, an RS4 3rd gear is selling at a retail price of $332.35. The JHMotorsports price on this gear is $275. That would mean you would get $2150 - $275 or $1875 back from your core charge.
If you do not need the complete kit or need just the parts to make a repair please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing. We do not offer them separate without talking to our customers. We want to speak with you and make sure you get exactly what you need.
The retail price on these Rebuild Kit parts ALONE from a dealer as of 02-27-13 is over $2200. And this is only if you can get them to help you pick out the individual parts required for a rebuild and not just have them try to sell you a brand new, complete transmission. So you save almost $400 on the Rebuild Parts alone by going with our JHM Rebuilt Transmission Core. If you are not in CA you will save on tax as well.
Core Credit and Deductions: When you send your transmission in to be rebuilt or have us send you one in advance and then return your core for a core credit refund be aware of the following.
- If your transmission crunches on shifts (1-2 shifts are fine since we already replace these parts standard in our rebuild) and depending on how long it was neglected for it is likely the transmission will need a new gear and/or shift collar for that gear. The retail price of these parts will be deducted from your core or will need to be added to your order if you sent yours in.
- If your transmission makes noise or growls when going down the road (not when shifting) there could be a major bearing or mainshaft failure that could render your core totally junk and there would be no refund for your core or you would need to purchase one.
- If your transmission has physical case damage or cracks the cost of replacing a case is usually the amount of the core charge due to all the reshimming of bearings, shafts and the acquisition of a new case.
- If your transmission shifts without crunching and just doesn't feel as quick shifting as it did in most cases the core is totally credited.
- There are other things that can be wrong with your core so this is a case by case basis and we only charge what it costs to fix if it is repairable. But more than 50% of the time there are deductions or parts needed to get the transmission up to our high standards to sell.
*SHIPPING NOTE:** ALL JHM FULLY REBUILT Transmission Cores are shipped EMPTY, i.e. WITHOUT gear oil. Don't forget to add 4x Quarts of either our Red Line or Motul Manual Transmission Gear Oil to your order so you can fill your newly rebuilt transmission for installation.
JHM Rebuilt Transmissions usually ship out from our location 1 to 2 weeks after the order is placed, depending on our current stock. 90% of the time we have these cores IN STOCK and READY TO SHIP!
REMEMBER: Shipping is not free for this item and we will contact you to collect the costs for freight to your address and you are responsible for costs to ship the core or your transmission to rebuild to us.
For shipping quotes: Please contact us with your full shipping address (Name or Shop/Business Name, Street Address, Zip Code, Phone Number, Email). We will get you a shipping quote for a Fully Rebuilt Transmission sent directly to your or your shop's address.
|Audi||RS4||B7 (2006-2009)||4.2l V8 32v FSI|
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov