JHM R Series Lightweight Flywheel (Chrome-Moly Forged) and Clutch Combo for B5-S4, C5 A6-allroad w 2.7T
Select options & add to cart to view final price
JHM V6 CHROME-MOLY FORGED SINGLE-MASS LIGHTWEIGHT FLYWHEELS AVAILABLE NOW!!
NOTE: This is now an option you can choose instead of our traditional Alumimum Flywheels.
The Chrome-Molly Forging allows fewer opportunities for failure and promotes uniform, efficient heat transfer from the clutch disc. This is to prevent warped friction inserts or loose ring gears. It is strategically lightened, stronger, safer and has better thermal capacity than OE cast flywheels. With smooth operation at all RPMs, these flywheels meet the needs of both the enthusiast and the hardcore racer.
• Chatter Free
• Easier engagement from a stop compared to aluminum
• Improved Engagement and momentum when Launching
• One-piece Chromium Molybdenum forging is stronger and more durable than billet steel, aluminum or cast iron.
• Tough, precision-made and dynamically balance
• Lighter and stronger than stock flywheels
• Integral ring gear is induction-hardened for maximum gear life
• Material is properly distributed for strength, greatest heat dissipation and reduced inertia
• CAD-designed, CNC-machined and computer balanced for quality and precision
• Improved throttle response and acceleration
• Smooth operation at all RPM’s
• Optimal mass distribution
• Lead-in chamfers
• Heat treated and tempered
• SFI Spec. 1.1 Certified Design
JHM Flywheel is 13.5lbs Lighter!
1x JHM Chrome-Moly Forged Lightweight Flywheel
1x OEM Pilot Bearing (Pressed Into Flywheel)
8x OEM Flywheel Bolts
NOTE: Flywheel to Crankshaft bolts must be torqued to 65 ft lbs with the use of loctite on the threads
Introducing the JHM R Series Lightweight Flywheel and Clutch Kit for the B5-S4, C5-A6 and allroad w/ 2.7T!!!
Since 2010, we have been working on developing a proprietary performance clutch kit for the B6-B7 S4 and RS4. After years of research, prototyping, and in-car abuse we were able to release the JHM R Series Clutch Kits for the B6-B7 S4 and RS4 with excellent results. After the huge success of these clutch kits on our instant torque producing V8s, we decided that we had to get this clutch kit on the 2.7T. After more development and even more testing, we are proud to release our JHM R Series Clutch Kits for the B5-S4, C5-A6 and allroad with the 2.7T.
Our years of research and development of this clutch kit have led to the creation of our JHM R Series Pressure Plate. This pressure plate is a non-SAC (self-adjusting clutch) style pressure plate. This allows to run a set of more aggressive discs to hold more power and withstand even more abuse. For example, the shock that our proprietary ceramic 6-puck disc would put on the OEM B7-RS4 pressure plate would destroy the SAC.
The diaphragm on our R Series Pressure plate is a custom design that we worked for years on to get just right. We designed it specifically for these cars and their throwout bearings. We did not simply take another pressure plate that works in another brand car and try to make a "band-aid" solution with spacers or other shortcuts to make the pressure plate work for an Audi.
JHM R Series Pressure Plate Features:
- 43% increase in clamp load torque holding capacity over the already stout B7-RS4 Pressure Plate.
- The stiffness of the clutch pedal is increased by about 25%.
- Better clutch pedal control and modulation is achieved through our spring design.
- The spring pressure is much more linear not peaky like the B7-RS4 pressure plate making the clutch pedal behavior more predictable in the uptake of the pedal and engagement point of the clutch disc.
- Thicker pressure plate straps increase the longevity and durability of the Pressure Plate.
R Series Clutch Kit Specifications:
The design of the R Series pressure plate required an update to the current JHM Lightweight Flywheel for the 2.7T - the spring package of the R Series Pressure Plate is too heavy duty for the old flywheel design. If you already have a JHM Version 1 Lightweight Flywheel (designed for the B7-RS4 pressure plate) and want to upgrade your clutch setup to our new R Series Clutch, you can send your flywheel to JHM where we will perform the modification for only $50.00.
- JHM R Series Clutch Kit (Clutch Disc and Pressure Plate): Our R Series Clutch Kits feature your choice of 2 different clutch disc materials: Stage 3 R is a hybrid clutch disc with ceramic and metal backed organic material, and Stage 5 R is a 6-puck disc featuring our proprietary ceramic material. You can chose your clutch disc material from the drop down menu below.
Our Stage 3 R disc which offers the ultimate combination of daily driveability, torque holding capacity, and durability for back to back to back pulls. The Stage 5 R is a 6-puck clutch disc featuring our proprietary performance ceramic material making it the most aggressive clutch solution that we offer to date.
INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING -JHM Forged Chrome-Moly Lightweight Flywheel - OEM Flywheel to crank bolts - JHM R Series pressure plate - Your Choice of JHM R Series Clutch Disc (choose stage below before ordering) - Pressure plate to flywheel bolts - Throwout bearing - Clutch alignment tool
INSTALLATION AND TORQUE NOTES HERE
NOTE: Clutch break in is important and must be done properly. All R Series Clutch Discs have a break in period of 500 miles. This means that you need to drive as much city type driving as you can for the first 500 miles after the disc is installed. Each time you start from a stop or shift, it aids in break in of the clutch material. Highway mileage does not count. You MUST avoid any racing activities, launching, or aggressive driving that gets the clutch hot during this period.
For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
|Audi||S4||B5 (1997-2002)||2.7t V6 30v|
|Audi||RS4||B5 (1999-2001)||2.7t V6 30v|
|Audi||A6||C5 (1998-2004)||2.7t V6 30v|
|Audi||allroad||C5 (2001-2005)||2.7t V6 30v|
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Select options & add to cart to view final price