- JHM Helical Rear Limited Slip Differential, LSD for LATE B7 S4, Manual Transmission
JHM Helical Rear Limited Slip Differential, LSD for LATE B7 S4, Manual Transmission
JHM Supercharger Kit for B8-S5 w/ 4.2L FSI V8, Stage 1
Select options & add to cart to view final price
JHM HD Linkage Cross Rod (Early) for B5-S4, C5 A6-allroad$199.95Add to Cart | Wishlist
Click to enlarge picture
Click to enlarge picture
Features and Benefits of the JHM Helical LSD: - Helical gears respond to changes in traction conditions very quickly
- Improves traction and predictability of vehicle behavior: both rear wheels will spin at the same rate. Under hard acceleration out of corners or launching from a stop the car will either "hook up" and go or both rear tires will spin. Some "track focused" drivers say that this allows you to steer the car better with the throttle.
- Prevents "one-legging" (spinning one rear tire only) and therefore eliminates losses in acceleration under load out of corners and heavy acceleration from a stop (launching).
- Maintenance free! There are no clutch packs to replace as they wear out.
- No special gear oil or additives necessary. Again, since there are no clutches, you can run the same gear oil as recommended by Audi in our LSD.
- Our JHM Helical Rear LSD comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defects. While we recommend our LSD for anyone looking to improve the traction and predictability of their quattro Audi, the more horsepower your car has or the harder you drive, the more our JHM LSD will make a difference in your car. Installation Note: When replacing the differential, the factory repair manual states that you must check ring gear backlash and bearing pre-load. Our JHM LSD is built to factory tolerances and all the differentials we have swapped at our service facility haven't required "re-shimming". However, due to variances in factory tolerances, it is best to make sure that these measurements are checked and confirmed. Additionally, if you do not have the right "bearing splitters" to remove your original bearings with a press, install them on the JHM differential, and correctly inspect for wear or issues you may need to replace the differential bearings. If you have concerns about your tools or your ability to properly inspect and/or disassemble and re-assemble your differential please do not hesitate to contact us. We can perform all of this work for you if you send us your differential housing. FITMENT: The JHM Helical LSD is a direct replacement for OEM differentials with the following rear differentials with the following 3 letter code: HNP . It is important that your car's rear differential has the correct LATE style housing. If you have the EARLY, please go back one section and select the EARLY style LSD.
- 2007 to 2009 B7 S4 with Manual Transmission and quattro NOTE: The 2007- Up A4 Rear Differentials with the HUQ Diff Code can NOT use this LSD in the HUQ diff. The HUQ has the Ring Gear welded to the differential so it cannot be separated for the installation of the LSD. We can sell you a pre-built core with ETS differential if you go back one section that will have our LSD pre-installed. **Don't forget to add axle seals and gear oil to your order before you check out!** For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
|Audi||S4||B7 (2005.5-2009)||4.2l V8 40v|
By Purchasing any Off-Road use ONLY products from JH Motorsports, Inc. I acknowledge and understand the following disclosure. (This notice is located at the bottom of the page description of affected products on our website.)Vehicle Code § 27156:
(b) No person shall operate or leave standing upon a highway a motor vehicle that is required to be equipped with a motor vehicle pollution control device under Part 5 (commencing with Section 43000) of Division 26 of the Health and Safety Code or any other certified motor vehicle pollution control device required by any other state law or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant to that law, or required to be equipped with a motor vehicle pollution control device pursuant to the National Emission Standards Act (42 U.S.C. Secs. 7521 to 7550, inclusive) and the standards and regulations adopted pursuant to that federal act, unless the motor vehicle is equipped with the required motor vehicle pollution control device that is correctly installed and in operating condition. No person shall disconnect, modify, or alter any such required device.
(c) No person shall install, sell, offer for sale, or advertise any device, apparatus, or mechanism intended for use with, or as a part of, a required motor vehicle pollution control device or system that alters or modifies the original design or performance of the motor vehicle pollution control device or system. Health and Safety Code § 43000:
43001. The provisions of this part shall not apply to:
(a) Racing vehicles.
As the aforementioned code sections outline, it is against the law to operate or use a vehicle on public streets or highways with modified, altered, or disconnected motor vehicle pollution control devices. This may include but is not limited to, Evaporative Fuel Controls, Catalysts, DPF, PTOX, PCV Systems, Exhaust Gas Recirculation Systems, Oxygen Sensors, Thermostatic Air Cleaners, Air Intake Systems, Fuel Injectors, Regulators, Adjustable Cam Gears, ECU Programming, Mapping, or other Computer Modifications. Air Pumps, Air Injection, Timing, and any other Emission System Modification(s).
Purchaser acknowledges and certifies to JH Motorsports Inc., that Purchasers vehicle will only be used for racing applications or off road vehicle use only. Purchaser requests these modifications for the purpose of enhancing the vehicle for competitive Racing Applications and will not use this vehicle on public streets or highways. Purchaser agrees to indemnify JH Motorsports Inc., all employees, officers, owners, and subsidiaries for any civil or criminal liability arising out of use of Purchasers vehicle on public streets or highways as Purchaser has been duly notified of the laws and regulations regarding disconnecting, alteration, or modification of a vehicle’s pollution control devices. Purchaser understands and has been advised the driving of a vehicle on public streets or highways could result in criminal or civil penalties.
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov