JHM HD Overdrive (187mm) Lightweight Supercharger Crank Pulley for B8-B8.5, S4-S5, C6-C7 A6-A7 and B8 Q5-SQ5 3.0T FSI
Click to enlarge picture
WHY THE JHM "HD" OVERDRIVE LIGHTWEIGHT CRANK PULLEY? The OEM 3.0T Crank Pulley is actually two pieces connected by a rubber isolator. The center hub or inner piece bolts to the crank which is joined to the outer by the rubber isolator. We have seen several failures where the inner portion of the pulley separates from the outer at the rubber isolator connection. This leads to a major belt failure and can cause serious damage to the radiator, radiator fans, accessories, and other pieces behind the core support. Click to enlarge picture
- Just like the JHM "HD" Lightweight Crank Pulley, the Overdrive Lightweight Pulley also eliminates the two piece design and rubber isolator found in the stock crank pulley while also reducing the mass of the motor's rotating assembly.
- Additionally (and most importantly) our Overdrive pulley has the same supercharger overdrive ratio as all of the other popular stage 2 supercharger pulleys on the market. This allows you to achieve the same supercharger speed required for most companies' stage 2 tuning without having to purchase special tools or scar the stock supercharger pulley with installation marks. Installation of our Overdrive pulley is completely reversible!
- Converting to a single piece, solid crank pulley without the rubber isolator will prevent separation of the crank pulley and damage to your motor and/or accessories while reducing the rotating mass of the engine's rotating assembly will also free up horsepower.
- The JHM Overdrive Crank pulley achieves the same supercharger speed as a smaller supercharger pulley while increasing the total amount of belt contact in the belt and pulley system. When you decrease the size of the supercharger pulley there is less surface for the belt to grip the pulleys which can lead to slippage. Our JHM Overdrive Crank Pulley increases grip and prevents slippage.
- Our JHM "HD" Overdrive Lightweight Crank Pulley is anodized black to look stock and blend in.
- Though this is not recommended, we have had independent reports from our customers who have used our JHM Overdrive Crank Pulley along with a smaller, aftermarket supercharger pulley to "double up" and spin the supercharger even faster. Spinning the supercharger faster may increase wear and could shorten the life on the unit. Please consult with your software provider before "doubling up" on our Overdrive Crank Pulley and a smaller supercharger pulley. SPECIFICATIONS:
- OEM 3.0T Crank Pulley Weight: 8.57 to 8.62 pounds
- JHM "HD" Overdrive Lightweight Crank Pulley Weight: 5.26 pounds PARTS INCLUDED:
- 1x JHM "HD" Overdrive Lightweight Crank Pulley (187mm)
- 8x 8mm x 1.25 Allen Bolts
- 1x High-Quality Belt, Longer for Use with Larger Pulley INSTALLATION NOTES:
Our JHM "HD" Overdrive Lightweight Crank Pulley installs just like your OEM pulley. So, just like you must do with the OEM pulley, make sure that the offset bolt hole on the JHM Crank Pulley matches up to the offset hole on the crank. Then, torque all supplied crank pulley bolts to 20 ft-lbs in a star pattern. We also recommend using Loctite. Replaces OEM PNs 06E 105 251 E, 06E 105 251E, 06E105251E, 06E 105 251 F, 06E 105 251F, and 06E105251F
For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
Off-road use ONLY: THIS PRODUCT IS FOR RACING COMPETITION ONLY AND IS NOT LEGAL FOR USE IN HIGHWAY OR STREET VEHICLES OR OTHER NON-RACING COMPETITION OFF-ROAD VEHICLES. BY PURCHASING THIS PRODUCT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE ITS INTENDED USE.
|Audi||A6||C6 (2005.5-2011)||3.0t V6 24v SC|
|Audi||S4||B8-B8.5 (2010-2016)||3.0t V6 24v SC|
|Audi||A7||C7 (2012-Present)||3.0t V6 24v SC|
|Audi||Q5||B8 (2009-Present)||3.0t V6 24v SC|
|Audi||A6||C7 (2012-Present)||3.0t V6 24v SC|
|Audi||S5||B8-B8.5 (2008-2017)||3.0t V6 24v SC|
|Audi||SQ5||B8 (2014-Present)||3.0t V6 24v SC|
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Select options & add to cart to view final price