Exhaust - Downpipe-Y (JHM) 3" to 2.5" for B6-B7 S4 Cat-Back on B7-A4 2.0T Manual-CVT
Sale Price $949.95
- TEST PIPE or CAT PIPE (OEM Cat Pipe): This pipe is the shortest section of the exhaust system and can be seen from the top of the car. It attaches to the turbo outlet and in stock form, contains the OEM Catalytic Converter. There are two oxygen sensors located on this pipe - one right after the turbo outlet and one after the cat. After the cat, this pipe bends down to connect to the next part of the exhaust system, the CAT-BACK which includes the DOWNPIPE and the REAR EXHAUST.
- CAT-BACK - DOWNPIPE: This section of the exhaust attaches to the cat pipe and runs down from that connection over the CV shaft then under the passenger side of the transmission cross-member. In the stock formation, it connects to the REAR EXHAUST via a slip fit clamp where the end of the DOWNPIPE slips over the REAR EXHAUST.
- CAT-BACK - REAR EXHAUST: This final piece of the exhaust system is connected to the back of the DOWNPIPE and in the stock configuration splits into two pipes after exiting a resonator. After the resonator, the pipes continue to go apart and then lead into a muffler on each side. At the exit of the muffler, the REAR EXHAUST ends with the tips that you can see at the back of your car. Sometimes this section of the exhaust is mistakenly called the "cat-back". On the B7-A4 2.0T, a true cat-back exhaust would replace BOTH the DOWNPIPE and the REAR EXHAUST sections. Most quality exhaust manufacturers sell true "cat-back" exhausts that will bolt up to your OEM cat-pipe or your test pipe. However, we have found that a number of manufacturers making exhaust products for the B7-A4 2.0T will market a rear exhaust system as a cat-back. Use this information to make sure you know what exhaust components you are replacing. OPTIONS - Cat-Back Connection: You can order your JHM downpipe/Y-adapter to mate up to an OEM B6-B7 S4 cat-back (along with OEM sized, aftermarket B6-B7 S4 cat-backs designed to mate up to stock pipes) or to mate up to a dual 2.5" cat-back connection like our JHM-FI B6-B7 S4 Cat-backs. Select your connection type from the dropdowns below. PARTS INCLUDED:
- 1x JHM B7-A4 2.0T Downpipe-Y
- 1x JHM B7-A4 2.0T Downpipe-Y Installation Hardware Kit (3x Allen Bolts - 8mm x 25mm, 3x Narrow Lock Washers 2x Exhaust Hanger Spacers, 2x Longer Exhaust Hanger Bolts) Click to enlarge picture
- 2005 to 2008 B7-A4 2.0T with 6 Speed Manual Transmission, quattro or front wheel drive
- 2005 to 2008 B7-A4 2.0T with the front wheel drive CVT
**NOTE FOR ALL FRONT WHEEL DRIVE (CVT or MANUAL) CARS:** You will have to modify the S4 cat-back in order to fit the exhaust with the CVT or Manual FWD gas tank or convert your car to the gas tank from the quattro-AWD A4.**
For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
|Audi||A4||B7 (2005.5-2009)||2.0t FSI|
- Installed this behind JHM's Stage III turbo kit and test pipe, followed by a custom bent exhaust (previously had APR exhaust). For those who might be tempted to call this product good advertising or a placebo, I can verify that there is indeed a noticeable difference. Full throttle pulls are faster and smoother. The increase is similar to when I installed a test pipe behind a GIAC-tuned stock turbo. I can tell things are breathing better. (Posted on 11/14/2017)
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov