JHM Front Mount Intercooler (FMIC) Kit for C5-A6 2.7t - BLACK COUPLERS
Select options & add to cart to view final price
Click to enlarge picture
Click to enlarge picture
Click to enlarge picture
Introducing the JHM FMIC that fits behind the stock bumper of a C5 A6 with NO bumper support cutting. Only minor triming of some plastic at the bottom of the inside of the bumper is required. In order to bring a low cost Front Mount Intercooler Kit to market we built our kit around a popular, low cost core that we at JHM and many others have had REAL WORLD success with. We just wanted to put it in a comprehensive kit with a nice and clean 4 piece piping kit, our popular VIDEO instructions, 35 minutes in length (video was done on an S4, with an A6 you skip the bumper modification steps so the install is way easier on an A6), mounting brackets and an optional but recommended electric fan kit. Performance
We ran this exact core in our B5 S4s during our record setting K03 and K04 quarter mile runs (We went 12.28 @ 114mph and 11.1 @ 130mph respectively with full interior in B5 S4s.) Click here for more info on our cars. In normal JHM style we only do REAL WORLD testing on our products and this kit is no exception. We do not believe in hype and cool sounding specs, just parts that are known to work. With this front mount kit, we have also found that it out performs any sidemount style intercooler currently on the market. It works great at the drag strip and on the street. However it will work fine for Auto X and short periods of road racing, it may cause overheating if you road race in warm climates above 80f for more than 15 minutes or so. Basically it will work great for 90% of the public. Once again though, JHM has been using this intercooler core on the street with no issues for almost 2 years now. Information Page with more pictures and video of the install and mods required -->HERE Kit contents
- JHM FMIC Stainless Steel mounting brackets w all hardware, plugs, zip ties and adjustment shims.
- JHM Exclusive VIDEO instructions. (video was done on an S4, with an A6 you skip the bumper modification steps so the install is way easier on an A6)
- FMIC Core (Overall Length: 30" - Core Length: 22" - Height: 11" - Thickness: 3" - Inlet: 2.5" - Outlet: 2.5" - Air Flow Rate: less than 700Cubic Feet/Min, Rated to 600-700 Max HP - Working Pressure: 5-40PSI - Pressure Drop: 2-5psi@35psi; 0.2~0.5psi@15psi - Material: 100% Aluminum - Design: Bar and Plate - Construction: Machine Cut and Stamped, Hand Welded - Finish: Polished - Net Weight: 19lbs)
- JHM 4 piece piping kit. Pipes that connect to the Bi-pipe are 2.25" just like the stock or APR bi-pipe. Pipes that connect to the turbo outlets are 2" just like all C5 A6 outlet pipes. (Pipes are fully bent with only one of the 4 pipes having a weld)
- All Couplers and T-bolt style Clamps needed for install. (Kit only reuses the Passenger side lower hose, but elminates the restrictive Driver side lower S-hose) Couplers are available in Blue or Black, see dropdown box below. Options
- Stock/APR bi-pipe or RS4 bi-pipe connections. BOTH INCLUDED
- Powdercoated Pipes (Black) - see pic above
- JHM High or medium Flow Electric Fan Kit (EFK). Consider adding our completely redesigned, new version of our EFK. Our new kit features a High-Performance, Ultra-Cool, Hayden Fan and a totally upgraded electrical system. The JHM EFK completely bypasses the stock mechanical fan pulley and fan without the need to get a new belt. This fan kit eliminates the parasitic engine load cause by the stock mechanical fan. We also include a machined block off plate that installs behind the electric fan and fills the void that is left in the timing cover when removing the mechanical fan assembly. You can select the kit from the "Cooling" section of our website. Installation Notes
This kit has been successfully test fitted on several vehicles with stock bumpers, so we know it works. If you have another bumper other than stock JHM cannot guarantee fitment. However, this kit should work with just about any bumper with some or no modifications. Also plan on using shims (included with our bracket kit) to get the FMIC core lined up to fit best. If you make your own brackets, finalize them after the bumper and piping kit are completely on. This kit fits even better on cars equipped with intake manifold spacers (available from us, check our engine parts section for more info).
For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
|Audi||A6||C5 (1998-2004)||2.7t V6 30v|
first off i just want to say that this kit is very well put together. JHM did a great job developing it. fitment is very good.
i installed this on my 01 Allroad. the install is very close to the s4 install. I only had to make one modification to the kit to make it work on an allroad. i had to cut the lower driver side pipe to make it longer. it only needed to be extended about an inch with a coupler and two clamps. (Posted on 2/18/2009)
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov