JHM ECU Tuning for B6-B7 S4 w 4.2L V8 (40v)
Availability: In stock
Introducing THE ORIGINAL, TRIED AND TRUE, JHM Tuning for the B6/B7 S4 with the 40v 4.2l V8!!!
*AS OF 7/23 B7 A4 TUNING HAS MOVED TO OUR POWER-CONNECT FLASHING SERVER AND REQUIRES THE POWER-CONNECT SOFTWARE*
IMPORTANT: After purchase you must email email@example.com with your order number to receive your account credentials.
If you are looking for the ultimate in tuning for your B6/B7 S4 whether it is an Automatic or Manual transmission, you are in the right place.
Why is our tuning the BEST? Our tuning is specifically designed for an aftermarket exhaust. It is not another "cookie cutter" software that will work on a stock car, thus limiting its abilities. It was written from the ground up for optimal performance and reliablity. Not to mention, all the fastest Audi S4s run JHM Software. Most companies will provide misleading dyno gains hoping you fall for their tricks. We take our vehicles to the track to show you first hand REAL WORLD PERFORMANCE. Lastly, we do NOT remove the factory immobilizer with our software. This is incredibly risky, leaving your vehicle vulrnerable to theft. Flash back and forth with our software at anytime using our convenient flashing cable, whether you are at home or on the go.
- JHM LAUNCH ASSIST
Another advancement that we have brought to the B6-B7 S4 Platform is our proprietary JHM Launch Assist. Developed for the B7-RS4 as an industry first, we have implemented our JHM Launch Assist on all 6-Speed Manual tunes for the S4. When activated and engaged, the JHM Launch Assist reliably gets your car from zero to all out acceleration every time!
- DYNAMIC ADAPTATION
Our software doesn't require tuning stages. The software includes what we call Dynamic Adaptation, where the ECU will automatically take advantage of performance upgrades such as our JHM Ported Intake Manifold, JHM Mid-Length Headers, JHM Intake Spacers, and much more! Additionally, our software will automatically take advantage of up to 100octane fuel without the need for switching tunes or reflashing the ECU!
- POWER INCREASE
You can expect significant power gains through the entire RPM band with the addition of our software. We have customers who have reported well over 60WHP with supporting modifications on the stock fueling system and pump gas. Also seen below, our software will help get you into the 12s with customers acheiving even better 1/4 mile results than us with our software with simple bolt-ons!
The minimum required for your exhaust system is as follows:
-Downpipes: Aftermarket downpipes like the Fast Intentions 2.5 inch downpipes we sell are good. Our JHM Longtube Headers are the best setup.
-Cat-back: You must have a high-flow, dual 2.5 inch cat-back with an X-pipe. The Fast Intentions cat-backs we sell are the most desirable.
In typical JHM style here are some videos of the performance our tune is capable of producing:
VIDEO JHM 12.97 @ 109.1 All-motor and Bolt-on parts quarter mile pass:
VIDEO of a JHM customer's B6-S4 (13.03 @ 105.9mph in the quarter mile) with JHM Tuning:
VIDEO of a JHM tuned V8 S4 pulling away from a stage 2 B5 S4 and one of the first JHM Longtube Header equipped V8 S4s:
VIDEO JHM burnouts and abuse with our B6-S4:
OPTIONS: When you place your order for JHM Tuning, please specify your year, body type, octane, transmission type, and flashing method by using the drop down boxes below.
For Flashing Method, select "Flash Myself, SEPARATE Cable Purchase Required, CLICK LINK BELOW" if you're going to be buying a cable from us and flashing your car on your own. You'll need to add this option.
For Flashing Method, select "Flash Myself, SEPARATE POWER CONNECT Cable Purchase Required, CLICK LINK BELOW" if you're going to be buying a cable from us and flashing your car on your own. You'll need to add this option.
and add to your cart after adding the tune, just selecting the option is NOT enough. Make sure you have THOROUGHLY read through the instructions and are confident that you can set your computer up correctly. If you select this option for your tune, you must select a shipping method for your order so we can ship you a JHM Tuning-Flashing Cable. Please select a shipping method once you've added the tuning and the flashing cable to your cart. Instructions for installing the flashing software on your computer will be emailed to you after purchase.
If you already have a JHM POWER CONNECT Cable, select "I already have a JHM POWER CONNECT Cable." **NOTE: This is a proprietary cable with drivers specific to our Flashing Software so you must make sure that you have a JHM POWER CONNECT Cable, NOT just a generic USB Vag Com cable.** After receiving your paid order, we will send you an authorization form which we will use to create your JHM Tuning Flash Browser account and login information. This is the information you will use to access our server and flash your car with the JHM Tuning-Flashing Cable that you already have.
DISCLAIMER: JHM is now using proven flashing technology in order to get our tunes on our customers' cars in the quickest and most convenient way possible. You will be installing a proprietary JHM software that works ONLY with our flash cable (supplemental software such as Microsoft .net may be required). This program is what allows you to detect your ECU part number, fill in your information, select the correct program based on your hardware and then write JHM Tune to your ECU all through your OBD II port. Both of these programs are highly specific when it comes to configuring your computer to run them properly. While every effort has been made to clearly and completely explain this configuration in our instructions, the customer will ultimately be responsible for removing or disabling their own or third party anti-virus software or firewalls that will block the port required for you to log into our flashing server (see the link to our instructions below to determine whether or not this is something you'll be able to do). Basic technical support provided by JHM to help install these programs on your computer, diagnose programs with your computer, and/or internet connection may be subject to an hourly fee. Additionally, if something happens to your ECU during the flashing process, you should be able to restore it using our software. If you are still unable to make the ECU flash properly, you will be responsible for all costs associated with restoring your ECU and fixing the issue.
Requirements for Tune:
- Windows computer with at least 1 USB (Universal Serial Bus) port
- Wired Broadband Internet Connection (wireless can be unreliable)
- JHM Tuning-Flashing Cable (Flash cable length cannot extend beyond 10 ft long unless a powered USB hub is installed in-line.
- Battery Charger or equivalent power source capable of sustaining a 40 amp charge
If you would like to get tuned at our location in Lathrop, CA please give us a call to schedule an appointment! If you'd like to get tuned at a JHM dealer close to your location, you can find one using our Dealer Map by clicking the "Dealers" Tab at the top of this page. You will need to contact your preferred dealer directly and schedule a tuning appointment with them. You shouldn't be charged more than an hours' worth of labor for your JHM Flash.
Our dealer network is large and growing daily. If we do not have a dealer within an hour drive of your location, we will do everything possible to build a new relationship with a shop close to you on your behalf. Please contact us for more information.
NOTE for customers with an ECU that already has brand-x software:
**UPDATE, 10-1-2012:** JHM Flash Tuning technology will overwrite **most** previous tuning on your ECU. If you're already tuned with a poorly performing, "brand-x" ECU tune you do not need to worry about it interfering with the process for becoming JHM Tuned. However, if another company has installed a soldered on board like we used to, you will not be able to flash over that. In these cases, the customer will be responsible for all additional labor charges, shipping costs, etc. required to convert the ECU back to stock to allow it to be flashed.
Any previously tuned JHM ECU with a solder on board can be converted back to stock. This will allow the customer to convert to JHM Flash Technology. Previously tuned JHM ECU customers will need to send their ECU to JHM to have it converted to stock and then have the stock ECU installed in their car and tuned via JHM Flash Technology. If you go to a JHM Dealer to have your ECU removed, you will be responsible for all associated labor and shipping costs charged by the dealer. If you plan on flashing your car on your own, you will need to pay for a flashing cable as well.
For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
Off-road use ONLY: THIS PRODUCT IS FOR RACING COMPETITION ONLY AND IS NOT LEGAL FOR USE IN HIGHWAY OR STREET VEHICLES OR OTHER NON-RACING COMPETITION OFF-ROAD VEHICLES. BY PURCHASING THIS PRODUCT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE ITS INTENDED USE.
|Audi||S4||B7 (2005.5-2009)||4.2l V8 40v|
|Audi||S4||B6 (2003-2005)||4.2l V8 40v|
- Crisp and Clean!
- I picked up my car last night from a JHM Dealer and I just wanted to say the tune is fantastic! I had a local brand x tune on the car, it was choppy and seemed to be slower the more the car got up to temp (still a little faster than stock though) but from the second I picked up the vehicle the throttle is so crisp and the power is smooth as can be. A lot more torque across the whole board. Its night and day. Thanks again! (Posted on 7/20/2018)
- JHM tune
- For months myself and the wife couldn't decide on getting the tune or not. Finally after months of debate we caved in. We put in the Jhm intake manifold, light weight crank pulley, FI 2.5 exhaust with piggies, 034 maf hose. All of these parts where in since June 2017, Dec myself purchased the tune and had it installed. The difference is night and day, The throttle response is just what the car needed(Wifes says it's to fast now) Driving home after the tune, it was a good thing my wife keeps spare diapers in the car for our son. She pulls now in every gear just amazing!!! Get the tune along with other jhm parts and you will be very pleased!!!!! (Posted on 1/11/2018)
I ummmd & ahrrrd about getting this tune for almost a year.
only skeptical about the "flash myself" process because JHM have
nobody on the ground here in Australia. it does require some time and
concentration but by following the instructions and some prompt reply's
to my e-mails from the crew at JHM i successfully installed the tune
and i was well impressed! it lives up to the hype! ive had other X brand
tunes on previously owned Audi's in the past, but nothing has blown me
away like this one. well done JHM! (Posted on 7/3/2017)
- One of the best mods you can do for you s4. I added mine the same time I added lightweight front rotors/lightweight rear rotors/Lightweight crank pulley. I already had 2.5 exhaust and downpipes and all I can say is wow. Right after I flashed my car and changed the parts, left 2013 charger rt 8 speed sitting still. I now have Intake manifold/throttle body kit, and I very rarely ever go full pedal to the floor, its a night and day difference from stock very exhilarating. Its amazing how much torque and power were added from these, just a slight touch of the pedal and your passing cars and going highway speeds already. Recommend this 100% JHM best tune and performance parts around. You will not be disappointed. (Posted on 8/17/2015)
- The most aggressive and best tune around for the S4 (Posted on 1/23/2014)
- It's totally worth the money.Looks like the car is a shift lower all the time.Instant acceleration when I need it.At the beginning I was thniking that I'm driving in second and then realised it was in third for example.A lot of power added just with that tune.Have to learn how to drive the car, it's so much of a difference, really. (Posted on 12/13/2013)
- first things first this car pulls like a freight train now. it is relentless and with the LA (launch assist) it rips out of the hole like a mad man. now to the important part. if you're reading this and are worried about those people on the forums who are complaining about how its "hard to drive" or that the "throttle is touchy" in their manual cars, ignore them, those people don't know how to drive and obviously need a refresher course in driving a manual car. i have had ZERO issues with driveablity with this tune at any speeds and at any throttle position. dare i say... this tune may in fact be perfect. this is coming from a person who only has piggies and the tune. (Posted on 5/8/2013)
WOW, i can now see what everyone is talking about, the pull the car has now is amazing, with JH intake manifold,JH Throttle body & manifold spacers, FI down pipes with FI Exhaust & just today the tune was installed I'm a true believer in your products.
thanks again. (Posted on 3/12/2013)
- This tune cleared my CEL after putting my FI exhaust on, made the idle feel much smoother, increased the acceleration and gave the throttle a crisp responsiveness that can't be explained. Just buy the tune and find out. (Posted on 12/19/2012)
- Great Improvement to the car, It should have been like this from Audi! Extreme increase in throttle response and lower end response and once its above 4k rpm's it really screams. Also the now included launch control is awesome!!! Although a little hard on my weak stock clutch ( Next upgrade JHM LW Flywheel/clutch) Over 5/5 Stars totally worth the money! (Posted on 8/18/2012)
- I got the 93 octane tune coupled with the FI catback back in January. I piggied my own DP's and well let me say... THIS IS INCREDIBLE! It completely changes the car. I know everyone says the same thing but man I am so happy! Thanks JHM! (Posted on 4/3/2012)
- I am extremely satisfied with the JHM 91 Octane tune! The combination of 2.5" downpipes & exaust with the JHM tune has increased the power of the vehicle more than I thought it would, especially in the 4000-7000 rpm range. Most HP claims are wayyyy overblown, but for a realistic 25-30hp (exhaust + tune), I recommend this product. (Posted on 10/29/2011)
- I purchased the 93 octane tune for my 2006 B7 manual S4 Avant. The difference is night and day. The car has a very noticeable pull in the lower RPM ranges (under 3k) where it kind of used to bog down a little. Downshifting is a lot easier as well as throttle response. The car really moves as soon as you get on the gas. We'll worth the money if you are looking to add some more power with out having to do any major work to the car. Their step by step video will show you how to easily remove the ECU and reinstall it. I used the vise grip method and was able to get the ECU out fairly easily. (Posted on 10/2/2011)
- Hands down the single most effective and worthy addition I have made to my car so far. The JHM tune will completely transform the way your B6/B7 S4 drives. From excellent tip in response, to instant "on" throttle in any gear....this is the way the car should have come from Audi. DO NOT waste your time with another companies tune. In the end you'll be wasting money and ultimately back here buying this tune anyway. Can't say enough good things about it. (Posted on 7/14/2011)
- If you are contemplating between other tunes for your S4, look no further. The JHM Tune is the definitive tune for the B6/B7 S4 platform. (Posted on 5/17/2011)
I really can't believe how much better the 2007 S4 performs! It really has been the best mod to date. The power has really been unleashed. The LA feature is NICE!
If your on the fence about spending the cash...trust me, do it! You won't be disappointed!
This is my first experience with JHM, it won't be my last.
Thank you JH Motorsports! (Posted on 3/29/2011)
Hello...First off, i want to say how much i enjoyed driving my 04 s4 stock when i bought it! I didnt wait long until i found JH Motorsports and started purchasing multiple Mod bits from these 4.2 Liter Modding Guru's. I originally had a competitors tune...(a big box company),and i was completely let down by their "flash" type software which gets uploaded via a laptop from an authorized distributor.The car didnt start pulling hard til 3800 rpm's with the other companies tune.I went to stock for a few weeks,then sent in my ecu to JH Motorsports fior them to install a new board on my ecu. When i put it in and started up the car i could hear the difference in sound the engine made,then i drove it!! OMG,it was a completely new car! Driving wise,this thing has power throughout all low mid and high rpm ranges,and is simply just flat out more fun to drive in any conditions. I have had many German autos throughout my life,but never had the opportunity in getting setup with guys like JHM who are truly dedicated to the Audi brand and the s4 platform. These guys really know whats what in Audi tuning! Thanks Jay,Dan,and crew for all your awesome products ive installed on my car...I dont ever want to get rid of it now...Its perfect.
Sincerely, Brian. (Posted on 4/14/2010)
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov