- Exhaust - Headers - JHM Mid-Length, Version 2 (Stainless Steel) for B6-B7 S4
Exhaust - Headers - JHM Mid-Length, Version 2 (Stainless Steel) for B6-B7 S4
JHM R Series Lightweight Flywheel (Chrome-Moly Forged) and Clutch Combo for B7-RS4
Select options & add to cart to view final price
Exhaust - Race Pipe - Stainless Steel (JHM) for B9 S4-S5 3.0T$1,195.00Add to Cart | Wishlist
Introducing our new and improved, JHMotorsports Version 2 Mid-Length Headers for the B6-B7 S4 with the 4.2L 40v V8!!!
STILL PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA!
PARTS REQUIRED - JHM INSTALL KIT WITH THE FOLLOWING: Search for JHM-B6S-LTH-INSTALL-KIT
Due to current demand on JHM Headers, there is currently a 4-6 week lead time.
Our Version 2, Mid-length Headers are an improvement on one of our most popular and successful modifications for the B6-B7 S4 with the 4.2L 40v V8. These re-designed headers are a well rounded performance upgrade that will net gains to all range of B6-B7 S4s with very little compromise. This includes cars with a stock motor and bolt-on modifications to fully built motors with superchargers running high boost.
WHY A VERSION TWO?
When we first released our headers in 2008, our design was meant to maximize torque. Since then, we've pushed the B6-B7 S4 platform a lot further and we started to find that we'd need something bigger that didn't sacrifice torque. In 2012, we started to look at revisiting the design to make improvements that would keep the product growing with the market. We started testing our redesigned headers in 2013 as we started putting built motors in the B6-B7 S4.
Although they were an excellent product, our original long-tube headers are no longer available.
ABOUT THE REDESIGN
Our new headers are a mid-length style header with a larger primary runner size. Generally, longtube headers make more torque and short tube headers make more horsepower. Mid-length headers bring you the benefits of both. The larger primary sizes opens up the motor more leaving room for growth with supercharger kits, built motors, and more boost. Back in 2008 when we first came out with the headers, long tubes with smaller primaries were the way to go - we didn't have our upgraded intake manifold yet, the exhaust systems for the platform were still small, and our tuning for the B6-B7 S4 4.2L V8 was still evolving. Once we came out with our upgraded intake manifold, we found that the OEM dual-runner design was able to give the motor a lot of torque. Then, we started to build the motors to handle more power and more boost and once we did this, we found that our headers from 2008 were corking the motor.
When compared to our original header design, these new headers will give you more power on the top end without sacrificing power down low. They'll allow you to take advantage of more of our modifications like the JHM Intake Manifold or the JHM Supercharger Kit or even our built motor. As of December 27th, 2014, we've gone 11.1 at 128 mph with our in-house B6-S4 which features these headers, a fully built motor, and our Vortech Supercharger kit. More results are coming soon!
They are also more modular and easier to install. We've made them specific to either manual or automatic transmission cars and you can also use your stock oxygen sensors with these headers instead of having to buy longer sensors or re-wire and lengthen your oxygen sensors.
JHM HEADERS AND CAT-BACK VERSUS OEM EXHAUST COMPONENTS
Our JHM Version 2 Headers are a COMPLETE replacement for the restrictive OEM exhaust manifolds and OEM downpipes. Our headers will connect directly to a JHM-Fast Intentions true 2.5 inch cat-back or any other cat-back with a 2.5 inch connection to the downpipes.
- 2003 to 2005 B6-S4 Sedan, Avant, or Cabriolet with Manual or Automatic Transmission
- 2005.5 to 2009 B7-S4 Sedan, Avant, or Cabriolet with Manual or Automatic Transmission
- 1x Stainless steel, driver side header assembly with v-banded flange
- 1x Stainless steel, passenger side header assembly with v-banded flange
- 1x Stainless steel, driver side downpipe with v-band connection
- 1x Stainless steel, passenger side downpipe with v-band connection
- 2x V-band clamps for header to mid-pipe connection
PARTS REQUIRED - JHM INSTALL KIT WITH THE FOLLOWING: Search for JHM-B6S-LTH-INSTALL-KIT
- 2x OEM exhaust manifold gaskets
- 3x OEM exhaust manifold studs (to replace the 3 bolts removed)
- 3x OEM Exhaust manifold nuts (to replace the 3 bolts removed)
- 2.5" Stainless Steel Exhaust Clamps (Pair) for mid-pipe to cat-back connection: Search for 10162-pair and add to your cart for a new pair of high-quality, 2.5" exhaust clamps for the connection between our headers and your 2.5 inch cat-back.
OPTIONS: Select your choices from the drop down boxes below.
- Downpipe Configuration: We offer downpipes for our Version 2 headers with or without high-flow catalytic converters. Our catalytic converters are a high-quality, racing cat with a spiral metallic substrate. We also give you the option to order both "straight pipe" mid-pipes AND "cat-pipe" downpipes (a total of two sets of downpipes).
- Transmission Type: Our Version 2 headers are now transmission specific for better installation. Select "Manual" or "Automatic".
- The engine MUST be lowered substantially or removed from the vehicle to install these headers.
- Our headers have primary oxygen (O2) sensor bungs that are close to the stock location but end up pointing the sensors in a different direction. When routing the O2 sensors it is VERY important you secure the wires so they don't rub on anything. Specifically, make sure that the sensors are clear of the shift linkage on the driver side of the transmission and that they aren't close to the exhaust pipes so they don't burn through. Zip ties work really well for securing the sensor wires.
- When removing your O2 sensors from your stock manifolds and downpipes, it is very helpful to label the sensors to note which sensor is for the primary versus secondary location and the driver versus passenger side. The O2 sensors must be installed into the same location they were removed from.
- Once you install our additional studs you will have studs and nuts for ALL of the mounting holes. Torque all nuts on the cylinder head to header flange mounting studs to 25Nm or 19ftlb.
- It can be difficult to get to the lower nuts on the headers so you will need to get to those first and use tools like crow's feet and Gearwrench box end wrenches. Once the headers are fully secured and tightened, you can re-install the motor mounts.
- The alternator may have to be removed to install the headers in order to gain access to certain nuts. Some cars may require the alternator coolant pipe bent slightly for additional clearance.
- It is HIGHLY recommended to wrap the headers in the area where the stock manifolds were located to keep heat from the factory wiring, motor mounts, alternator, and coolant pipes. You should only have to go about 1 foot at most past the end of the motor since the factory downpipes were not shielded and our headers travel along the same path.
**THESE HEADERS ARE FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY**
Like many of the performance products we sell on our website, these headers are for OFF-ROAD USE ONLY!!! Ordering these headers with our high-flow catalytic converters will NOT change this. With that being said, our high-flow catalytic converters do well to reduce hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide (HCs and CO). However, they are limited in their ability to reduce Nitrous Oxide (NOx). Customers in the state of California with our high-flow catalysts have told us that they have passed the tailpipe or "sniffer" smog test with our cats installed. Remember that aftermarket catalytic converters are not legal for public road use in the state of California. Though they may pass an emissions test out of the tailpipe, they will still fail a visual test. In the state of California ONLY stock catalytic converters or catalysts with a CARB EO number are technically "smog legal." Our high-flow catalysts do not have a CARB EO number. Please refer to your local laws and regulations for more information.
For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
Off-road use ONLY: THIS PRODUCT IS FOR RACING COMPETITION ONLY AND IS NOT LEGAL FOR USE IN HIGHWAY OR STREET VEHICLES OR OTHER NON-RACING COMPETITION OFF-ROAD VEHICLES. BY PURCHASING THIS PRODUCT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE ITS INTENDED USE.
|Audi||S4||B7 (2005.5-2009)||4.2l V8 40v|
|Audi||S4||B6 (2003-2005)||4.2l V8 40v|
By Purchasing any Off-Road use ONLY products from JH Motorsports, Inc. I acknowledge and understand the following disclosure. (This notice is located at the bottom of the page description of affected products on our website.)Vehicle Code § 27156:
(b) No person shall operate or leave standing upon a highway a motor vehicle that is required to be equipped with a motor vehicle pollution control device under Part 5 (commencing with Section 43000) of Division 26 of the Health and Safety Code or any other certified motor vehicle pollution control device required by any other state law or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant to that law, or required to be equipped with a motor vehicle pollution control device pursuant to the National Emission Standards Act (42 U.S.C. Secs. 7521 to 7550, inclusive) and the standards and regulations adopted pursuant to that federal act, unless the motor vehicle is equipped with the required motor vehicle pollution control device that is correctly installed and in operating condition. No person shall disconnect, modify, or alter any such required device.
(c) No person shall install, sell, offer for sale, or advertise any device, apparatus, or mechanism intended for use with, or as a part of, a required motor vehicle pollution control device or system that alters or modifies the original design or performance of the motor vehicle pollution control device or system. Health and Safety Code § 43000:
43001. The provisions of this part shall not apply to:
(a) Racing vehicles.
As the aforementioned code sections outline, it is against the law to operate or use a vehicle on public streets or highways with modified, altered, or disconnected motor vehicle pollution control devices. This may include but is not limited to, Evaporative Fuel Controls, Catalysts, DPF, PTOX, PCV Systems, Exhaust Gas Recirculation Systems, Oxygen Sensors, Thermostatic Air Cleaners, Air Intake Systems, Fuel Injectors, Regulators, Adjustable Cam Gears, ECU Programming, Mapping, or other Computer Modifications. Air Pumps, Air Injection, Timing, and any other Emission System Modification(s).
Purchaser acknowledges and certifies to JH Motorsports Inc., that Purchasers vehicle will only be used for racing applications or off road vehicle use only. Purchaser requests these modifications for the purpose of enhancing the vehicle for competitive Racing Applications and will not use this vehicle on public streets or highways. Purchaser agrees to indemnify JH Motorsports Inc., all employees, officers, owners, and subsidiaries for any civil or criminal liability arising out of use of Purchasers vehicle on public streets or highways as Purchaser has been duly notified of the laws and regulations regarding disconnecting, alteration, or modification of a vehicle’s pollution control devices. Purchaser understands and has been advised the driving of a vehicle on public streets or highways could result in criminal or civil penalties.
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov