- X34 CARBON FIBER CLOSED-TOP INTAKE BUNDLE AUDI TT RS & RS3 2.5 TFSI EVO
X34 CARBON FIBER CLOSED-TOP INTAKE BUNDLE AUDI TT RS & RS3 2.5 TFSI EVO
034Motorsport is pleased to present our X34 Carbon Fiber Closed-Top Intake Bundle for the 2.5 TFSI EVO engine found in the 8S Audi TTRS and 8V.5 Audi RS3!
034Motorsport’s engineers spent extensive effort to develop a complete cold air intake solution for the TTRS and RS3 that yields airflow and pressure drop gains over the well-designed factory airbox, which can lead to higher horsepower and torque gains in applications that require higher airflow, like upgraded turbos. During the development process, many iterations were designed, prototyped, and tested, which resulted in this beautifully-manufactured Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake System that flows better than no intake at all.
034Motorsport engineers first created a CFD-optimized carbon fiber intake tube, which is a direct, high-performance replacement for the plastic factory accordion hose. Using CAD software and 3D scanning technology, 034Motorsport was able to optimize the cross-sectional area of the intake tube while being mindful of space constraints. The resulting part is a functional work of art - maximizing performance given the factory space constraints and featuring smooth transitions that ensure optimal airflow to the turbo inlet.
MINIMIZING INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE
To ensure that the 034Motorsport X34 Closed-Top Cold Air Intake System draws in cool, dense air, the system includes a carbon fiber upper airbox, to replace the factory part, and also a stainless steel heat shield to block direct radiant heat from saturating the intake tube. The upper carbon fiber airbox bolts to the factory lower airbox, allowing the high-flow conical filter to breathe cold air from the factory inlet duct before the radiator. The stainless steel heat shield bolts to the stock intake tube mounting point and to the back of the head, preventing the high temperatures from the exhaust header and turbo from radiating directly at the intake tube. Both parts work together to minimize pre-turbo intake air temperature.
PERFORMANCE AIR FILTER
The 034Motorsport Carbon Fiber Closed-Top Cold Air Intake system houses a high-flow conical air filter with double-layer pleated cotton filtration medium. This air filter design offers increased flow through an enlarged filtration surface, while ensuring superior filtration.
OEM+ FIT & FINISH
034Motorsport carefully selected the carbon fiber weave of the intake tube and upper airbox to match the factory carbon fiber engine trim found in the Audi TTRS & RS3 2.5 TFSI engine bay. The 034Motorsport Audi TTRS & RS3 Closed-Top Cold Air Intake System was designed to fit like a factory part, and mates directly to the factory mounting provisions to provide an OEM+ look.
X34 CARBON FIBER FRESH AIR DUCT AND LOWER AIRBOX PRESSURE DROP IMPROVEMENTS
Pressure Drop is the difference in ambient air pressure and the air pressure measured at the turbo inlet across the engine's rpm range. The higher the pressure drop at any given rpm, the more restrictive the intake system is, reducing airflow.
|X34 Open Top CAI w/ X34 Lower Airbox and Fresh Air Duct||Green||-2.43 psi|
|X34 Closed Top CAI w/ X34 Lower Airbox and Fresh Air Duct||Yellow||-2.52 psi|
|No Intake (Open Turbo Inlet)||Blue||-2.50 psi|
|X34 Closed Top CAI w/ Stock Lower Airbox||Gray||-2.61 psi|
|Stock Intake||Red||-2.77 psi|
DYNO-VERIFIED WHEEL HORSEPOWER & TORQUE GAINS
034Motorsport's engineering and development efforts were validated on multiple vehicles using our Mustang AWD Dynamometer to ensure that the 034Motorsport Audi TTRS & RS3 Cold Air Intake System provided substantial increases in horsepower and torque on both stock turbo vehicles and ones with upgraded turbo kits alike.
PEAK WHEEL HORSEPOWER & TORQUE WITH STAGE 2 E85
- Stock Intake: 456 WHP / 430 WTQ
- 034 X34 Intake: 466 WHP / 441 WTQ
- Peak Gains: 12 WHP @6,780 RPM / 11 WTQ @4,125 RPM
PRODUCT FEATURES & DETAILS
- Fits both right hand drive and left hand drive configurations
- Meets regulations in countries that do not allow exposed air filters
- High-quality carbon fiber construction
- Carbon fiber airbox top blister provides clearance for air filter without engine bay bulk
- High gloss epoxy finish
- OEM+ fit a appearance
- Dyno-proven horsepower and torque gains
- Increased engine and induction sounds
- Quieter than similar open-top intakes
- Improved throttle response
- Large-diameter CFD-optimized one piece air intake tube
- Improved airflow over factory airbox and intake tube
- Reduced Intake Air Temperature
- High performance pleated cotton air filter
- X34 Carbon Fiber Audi TT RS & RS3 Fresh Air Duct
- X34 Carbon Fiber Audi TT RS & RS3 Lower Airbox
- X34 Carbon Fiber Audi TT RS & RS3 Air Intake Tube
- X34 Carbon Fiber Audi TT RS & RS3 Closed-Top Upper Airbox
- 034Motorsport Double-Layer Pleated Air Filter
- 034Motorsport Stainless Steel Heat Shield
- 034Motorsport Silicone Coupler
- Installation Hardware
EARLY NON-US 8V.5 FITMENT NOTE
- Please note that very early non-US 8V.5 Audi RS3's come with a heat shield that is not compatible with the 034Motorsport Auxiliary Heat Shield supplied with this intake kit.
- The newer style OE heat shield can be purchased from an Audi dealer for under $100 USD. The OE part number is 07K 129 597 G. Once installed, the 034Motorsport Auxiliary Heat Shield can also be installed.
- The older style OE heat shield that is not compatible is shown in the photo below.
- This product is sold for racing and off-road use only.
- This product is not CARB or EPA compliant, this product is not authorized for use in California on smog controlled vehicles.
- By purchasing this product, you understand this product is sold for competition use on closed roads and is not legal for use in highway or street vehicles.
|Audi||RS3||8V (2017-Present)||2.5t TFSI|
|Audi||TTRS||8S (2018-Present)||2.5t TFSI|
By Purchasing any Off-Road use ONLY products from JH Motorsports, Inc. I acknowledge and understand the following disclosure. (This notice is located at the bottom of the page description of affected products on our website.)Vehicle Code § 27156:
(b) No person shall operate or leave standing upon a highway a motor vehicle that is required to be equipped with a motor vehicle pollution control device under Part 5 (commencing with Section 43000) of Division 26 of the Health and Safety Code or any other certified motor vehicle pollution control device required by any other state law or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant to that law, or required to be equipped with a motor vehicle pollution control device pursuant to the National Emission Standards Act (42 U.S.C. Secs. 7521 to 7550, inclusive) and the standards and regulations adopted pursuant to that federal act, unless the motor vehicle is equipped with the required motor vehicle pollution control device that is correctly installed and in operating condition. No person shall disconnect, modify, or alter any such required device.
(c) No person shall install, sell, offer for sale, or advertise any device, apparatus, or mechanism intended for use with, or as a part of, a required motor vehicle pollution control device or system that alters or modifies the original design or performance of the motor vehicle pollution control device or system. Health and Safety Code § 43000:
43001. The provisions of this part shall not apply to:
(a) Racing vehicles.
As the aforementioned code sections outline, it is against the law to operate or use a vehicle on public streets or highways with modified, altered, or disconnected motor vehicle pollution control devices. This may include but is not limited to, Evaporative Fuel Controls, Catalysts, DPF, PTOX, PCV Systems, Exhaust Gas Recirculation Systems, Oxygen Sensors, Thermostatic Air Cleaners, Air Intake Systems, Fuel Injectors, Regulators, Adjustable Cam Gears, ECU Programming, Mapping, or other Computer Modifications. Air Pumps, Air Injection, Timing, and any other Emission System Modification(s).
Purchaser acknowledges and certifies to JH Motorsports Inc., that Purchasers vehicle will only be used for racing applications or off road vehicle use only. Purchaser requests these modifications for the purpose of enhancing the vehicle for competitive Racing Applications and will not use this vehicle on public streets or highways. Purchaser agrees to indemnify JH Motorsports Inc., all employees, officers, owners, and subsidiaries for any civil or criminal liability arising out of use of Purchasers vehicle on public streets or highways as Purchaser has been duly notified of the laws and regulations regarding disconnecting, alteration, or modification of a vehicle’s pollution control devices. Purchaser understands and has been advised the driving of a vehicle on public streets or highways could result in criminal or civil penalties.
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov