JHM R Series Lightweight Flywheel (Aluminum) and Clutch Combo for B7-RS4
Select options & add to cart to view final price
Introducing the JHM R Series Clutch Kit for the B7-RS4!!!
**NOW FEATURING OUR NEW STAGE 3R CLUTCH DISC!!!**
Since 2010, we have been working on developing a proprietary performance clutch kit for the B7-RS4. After years of research, prototyping, and in car abuse we are proud to release the JHM R Series Clutch Kits! Our R Series Pressure Plate and Stage 5 R Disc were featured in our customer's record setting quickest and fastest B7-RS4 with our RS4 Supercharger Kit:
Our years of research and development of this clutch kit have led to the creation of our JHM R Series Pressure Plate. This pressure plate is a non-SAC (self-adjusting clutch) style pressure plate. This allows to run a set of more aggressive discs to hold more power and withstand even more abuse. For example, the shock that our proprietary ceramic 6-puck disc would put on the OEM B7-RS4 pressure plate would destroy the SAC.
The diaphragm on our R Series Pressure plate is a custom design that we worked for years to get just right for the B7-RS4 and B6-B7 S4s. We designed it specifically for these cars and their throwout bearings. We did not simply take another pressure plate that works in another brand car and try to make a "band-aid" solution with spacers or other shortcuts to make the pressure plate work for an Audi.
- 43% increase in clamp load torque holding capacity over the already stout B7-RS4 Pressure Plate.
- The stiffness of the clutch pedal is increased by about 25%.
- Better clutch pedal control and modulation is achieved through our spring design.
- The spring pressure is much more linear not peaky like the B7-RS4 pressure plate making the clutch pedal behavior more predictable in the uptake of the pedal and engagement point of the clutch disc.
- Thicker pressure plate straps increase the longevity and durability of the Pressure Plate.
- The JHM R Series Pressure Plate has been designed to work with our JHM Lightweight Flywheel so any RS4 customer with our current clutch kit will be able to upgrade to the R Series by just purchasing the clutch disc and pressure plate - not the entire Flywheel and Clutch Combo.
- ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL USA MADE - Our aluminum lightweight flywheels weigh less than 1/2 the weight of stock! Compare our extremely light 13lbs versus the heavy weight of 26.5lbs for OEM B7-RS4 Dual Mass Flywheel. These flywheels are a direct replacement for all B7-RS4s. The iron friction liner is replaceable as well, so you will never have to buy a new flywheel again, you can just swap the liner if you ever replace your clutch disc. The crank position ring is welded to the ring gear in addition to being fastened with countersunk screws (not cheap pins which are prone to shearing like some other brands). For those concerned about the driveability and the infamous "chatter" of a lightweight flywheel that Audi enthusiasts have experienced with smaller 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder turbo engines here is the truth: with the B7-RS4 4.2L V8's torquey nature, the driveability is very close to stock and the noise is minimal when it is bogged under 1500 rpm. Some of our customers have reported that they did not notice it at all.
- JHM R Series Clutch Kit (Clutch Disc and Pressure Plate): Our R Series Clutch Kits feature your choice of 2 different clutch disc materials: Stage 1 R is a performance organic disc and Stage 5 R is a 6-puck disc featuring our proprietary ceramic material. You can chose your clutch disc material from the drop down menu below. We recommend our Stage 1 R Performance Organic Clutch Disc to those looking to get the best compromise between daily driveability and torque holding capacity. Our Stage 3 R disc offers the ultimate combination of daily driveability, torque holding capacity, and durability for back to back to back pulls. Our Stage 5 R Clutch Disc is the ULTIMATE clutch disc for your B7-RS4. The Stage 5 R is a 6-puck clutch disc featuring our proprietary performance ceramic material making it the most aggressive clutch solution that we offer to date. This is clutch disc that we are currently running in our in-house B7-RS4 AND that was featured in our customer's B7-RS4 that set the world record time for the fastest and quickest B7-RS4 (see video above). This clutch disc can REALLY hold some power!
INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING -JHM Aluminum Lightweight flywheel built to B7 RS4 specs - New pilot bearing (already pressed in) - Flywheel to crank bolts - Thick Washers - JHM R Series pressure plate - Your Choice of JHM R Series Clutch Disc (choose stage below before ordering) - Pressure plate to flywheel bolts - Throwout bearing - Clutch alignment tool
INSTALLATION AND TORQUE NOTES HERE
NOTE: Clutch break in is important and must be done properly. All R Series Clutch Discs have a break in period of 500 miles. This means that you need to drive as much city type driving as you can for the first 500 miles after the disc is installed. Each time you start from a stop or shift, it aids in break in of the clutch material. Highway mileage does not count. You MUST avoid any racing activities, launching, or aggressive driving that gets the clutch hot during this period.
For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
|Audi||RS4||B7 (2006-2009)||4.2l V8 32v FSI|
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Select options & add to cart to view final price