JHM R Series Lightweight Flywheel (Aluminum) and Clutch Combo for B7-A4 2.0T
Select options & add to cart to view final price
JHM B7 A4 ALUMINUM LIGHTWEIGHT FLYWHEEL INCLUDED IN THIS KIT !!
NOTE: If you want our new Forged Steel combo visit that page and make your purchase there.
Introducing the JHM R Series Clutch Kit for the B7 A4!!!
Since 2010, we have been working on developing a proprietary performance clutch kit for the B6-B7 S4 and RS4 and NOW it is available for the B7 A4 with a specifically designed pressure plate able to handle 10 second supercharged RS4s for YOUR B7 A4 2.0T. After years of research, prototyping, and in car abuse we are proud to release the JHM R Series Clutch Kits! Our R Series Pressure Plate and Stage 5 R Disc were featured in our customer's record setting quickest and fastest B7-RS4 with our RS4 Supercharger Kit:
Our years of research and development of this clutch kit have led to the creation of our JHM R Series Pressure Plate. This pressure plate is a non-SAC (self-adjusting clutch) style pressure plate. This allows to run a set of more aggressive discs to hold more power and withstand even more abuse. For example, the shock that our proprietary ceramic 6-puck disc would put on the OEM B7-S4 pressure plate would destroy the SAC.
The diaphragm on our R Series Pressure plate is a custom design that we worked for years to get just right for the B7 A4. We designed it specifically for these cars and their throwout bearings. We did not simply take another pressure plate that works in another brand car and try to make a "band-aid" solution with spacers or other shortcuts to make the pressure plate work for an Audi.
- 31% increase in clamp load torque holding capacity over the already stout B7-RS4 Pressure Plate. - This allows to hold more power with LESS aggressive and more streetable friction discs
- The stiffness of the clutch pedal is increased by about 15%.
- Better clutch pedal control and modulation is achieved through our spring design.
- The spring pressure is much more linear not peaky like the B7-RS4 pressure plate making the clutch pedal behavior more predictable in the uptake of the pedal and engagement point of the clutch disc.
- Thicker pressure plate straps increase the longevity and durability of the Pressure Plate.
- The JHM R Series Pressure Plate has been designed to work with our JHM B7 A4 2.0T Lightweight Flywheel (Aluminum or Forged) so any A4 customer with our current clutch kit will be able to upgrade to the R Series by just purchasing the clutch disc and pressure plate - not the entire Flywheel and Clutch Combo. Go back one section to purchase the Clutch Kit separately.
- ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL USA MADE - These JHM lightweight flywheels are made out of aluminum and weigh almost 50% less than a stock flywheel: 12 pounds versus 23 pounds on a B7-A4 2.0T!!! The iron friction liner is replaceable, so you will never have to buy a new flywheel again. Simply swap the liner if you ever replace your clutch. **The crank position ring is welded to the ring gear and fastened with countersunk screws (not cheap pins which are prone to shearing and can be found on other brands).** An added benefit to this Lightweight Flywheel upgrade is that it allows B7-A4 2.0T owners to run the B7-RS4 pressure plate featured in our JHM clutch kits. This higher clamp load pressure plate is not compatible with other flywheels on the market, so you must run a JHM lightweight flywheel in order to use it.
Why a lightweight flywheel? When you reduce the weight of the rotating mass that the motor has to turn, you free up horsepower and make the engine more responsive.
NOTE: Flywheel to Crankshaft bolts must be torqued to 65 ft lbs with the use of loctite on the threads
- CLUTCH KIT - These are available in 3 stages. See drop down boxes below for all options and their prices.
-JHM Stage 1 (Full Organic): Good for Stock, Stage 2, Stage 3 2.0T Motors. This is the same clutch material that comes on the B7-RS4 and is capable of holding more power than a stock 2.0T motor can handle.
-JHM Stage 3 (hybrid Ceramic/Metal Backed Organic): Good for all Stage 3, Big Turbo 2.0T stock or built engines.
INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING -JHM 12lb Aluminum Lightweight flywheel or JHM Forged Chrome-Moly Lightweight Flywheel - 6x OEM Flywheel to crank bolts - OEM B7 RS4 pressure plate - clutch disc (choose stage below before ordering) - 6x Pressure plate to flywheel bolts - Throwout bearing - Clutch alignment tool - Pilot Bearing (presses into crank).
INSTALLATION AND TORQUE NOTES HERE
NOTE: Clutch break-in is important and must be done properly. You need to do as much city type driving as you can for the first 500 miles the new clutch is in the car. Each time you start from a stop or shift it aids in the break in process. Highway mileage does not count. You also MUST avoid any racing activities, launching, or aggressive driving during the break-in period as this gets the clutch disc too hot. With that being said, you can go full throttle but you just can't speed shift or power shift.
For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
|Audi||A4||B7 (2005.5-2009)||2.0t FSI|
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Select options & add to cart to view final price