- JHM Lightweight Flywheel (Chrome-Moly Forged or Aluminum) and Clutch Combo with B7-RS4 Pressure Plate for B6-A4 3.0 V6
JHM Lightweight Flywheel (Chrome-Moly Forged or Aluminum) and Clutch Combo with B7-RS4 Pressure Plate for B6-A4 3.0 V6
Select options & add to cart to view final price
Exhaust - Race Pipe - Stainless Steel (JHM) for B9 S4-S5 3.0T
Sale Price $1,075.50
JHM V6 CHROME-MOLY FORGED SINGLE-MASS LIGHTWEIGHT FLYWHEELS AVAILABLE NOW!!
NOTE: This is now an option you can choose instead of our traditional Alumimum Flywheels. Use dropdowns above to choose.
The Chrome-Molly Forging allows fewer opportunities for failure and promotes uniform, efficient heat transfer from the clutch disc. This is to prevent warped friction inserts or loose ring gears. It is strategically lightened, stronger, safer and has better thermal capacity than OE cast flywheels. With smooth operation at all RPMs, these flywheels meet the needs of both the enthusiast and the hardcore racer.
• Chatter Free
• Easier engagement from a stop compared to aluminum
• Improved Engagement and momentum when Launching
• One-piece Chromium Molybdenum forging is stronger and more durable than billet steel, aluminum or cast iron.
• Tough, precision-made and dynamically balance
• Lighter and stronger than stock flywheels
• Integral ring gear is induction-hardened for maximum gear life
• Material is properly distributed for strength, greatest heat dissipation and reduced inertia
• CAD-designed, CNC-machined and computer balanced for quality and precision
• Improved throttle response and acceleration
• Smooth operation at all RPM’s
• Optimal mass distribution
• Lead-in chamfers
• Heat treated and tempered
• SFI Spec. 1.1 Certified Design
JHM Flywheel is 13.5lbs Lighter!
1x JHM Chrome-Moly Forged Lightweight Flywheel
1x OEM Pilot Bearing (Pressed Into Flywheel)
8x OEM Flywheel Bolts
NOTE: Flywheel to Crankshaft bolts must be torqued to 65 ft lbs with the use of loctite on the threadsJHM has been testing and abusing the B7 RS4 pressure plate since early 2009. This started with our B6-B7 S4 and B7 RS4 product development which included record setting all motor, nitrous, and supercharger runs. All of these results compliment the records we've set with our flagship car, the 2001.5 Nogaro Blue B5-S4. To this day we still own, daily drive, and test products on all of our in house cars, including our B6-A4 3.0 V6. This car has been running our new Lightweight Flywheel and Clutch setup with the B7-RS4 pressure plate for quite some time and has already set some records of its own (new videos soon to be released). We've seen much better results with this new kit than we had with the older B5-RS4 pressure plate setups we used to sell. In true JHM style here are some videos of some of the abuse we have put this clutch setup through during our R&D process: NEW VIDEO AS OF December 2011!!! 10.8 quarter mile pass with our 2001.5 B5 S4, full weight street car with stock hood and full exhaust. This car has the Stage 4 clutch disc and can hold some power. JHM burnouts and abuse from late 2010 with our B7 RS4 (we have since gone faster all motor). VIDEO -->HERE>
JHM Record Setting Track Run: 11.96 @ 116mph with our Stage 1 B6 S4 Vortech Supercharger Kit on a stock motor. VIDEO -->HERE> Yes, these are videos of our in house 2001.5 B5-S4, 2005 B6-S4, and our B7 RS4, not a B6-A4 3.0. These videos better demonstrate the performance of this new clutch kit due to the fact that these cars have way more torque than the B6-A4 3L V6. The V8 cars produce torque instantly which is the ultimate test of the clamp load of a pressure plate. Pressure plate manufacturers use torque - not horsepower - to measure how much power a clutch kit can hold. Torque - not horsepower - is a measurable value. Horsepower is created through torque and revolutions per minute of the motor using a mathematical calculation, not by measuring the force of the motor directly. Therefore torque - not horsepower - is critical when measuring the performance of a clutch and pressure plate. We looked at these results from our V8 cars and the B5-S4 and thought that we had to get this setup on our latest in house car, the B6-A4 3.0. We wanted to offer our in-house car (and eventually our customers) the extra durability, street-ability, and lower cost of the B7-RS4 pressure plate. Unfortunately, the B7-RS4 pressure plate IS NOT a bolt on part for the B5-S4. With our custom made lightweight flywheel, now it is. This flywheel is not like others out there. It is not just a cheaply made, mass produced, or modified flywheel but a high quality part, made here in California. It's designed specifically to accept the B7-RS4 pressure plate. This pressure plate coupled with our proprietary LWFW design, offers an increased clamp load over previous setups. (We had it independently tested and we found that it has 18% more clamp load than the B5-RS4 pressure plate). It also gives you a lighter and more precise pedal feel leading to all around better drivability in your B6-A4 3.0. We have plenty of experience with older style clutch an flywheel setups having already gone 11.1 @ 130mph back in 2007 with a stage 3 S4 using a B5-RS4 pressure plate along with a Stage 3 style clutch disc. We know our new kit is much better than our previous offerings that we had on the car (see above video). This pressure plate and flywheel setup has 18% more clamp load!!! That allows it to hold more torque than the old style, B5 RS4 pressure plate setups while still maintaining a lighter, more precise pedal! SPECIFICATIONS
- ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL USA MADE - These JHM lightweight flywheels are made out of aluminum and weigh 50% less than a stock flywheel: 14lbs versus 28lbs on a stock B6-A4 3.0!!! The iron friction liner is replaceable, so you will never have to buy a new flywheel again. Simply swap the liner if you ever replace your clutch. The crank position ring is welded to the ring gear and fastened with countersunk screws (not cheap pins which are prone to shearing and can be found on other brands). An added benefit to this Lightweight Flywheel upgrade is that it allows B6-A4 owners to run the B7-RS4 pressure plate featured in our JHM clutch kits. This higher clamp load pressure plate is not compatible with the OEM B6-A4 flywheel, so you must run a JHM lightweight flywheel in order to use it. NOTE: If you have a brand-x lightweight flywheel you can send it to JHM for modification to accept the B7 RS4 pressure plate. Please email us for details. We do not modify OEM flywheels for this pressure plate at this time. Why a lightweight flywheel? When you reduce the weight of the rotating mass that the motor has to turn, you free up horsepower and make the engine more responsive.
- CLUTCH KIT - We currently offer our LWFW and Clutch Combo with a Fully Organic clutch disc at this incredibly low price. Testing on our in house B6-A4 3.0 with various performance upgrades has shown that this Organic disc coupled with the B7-RS4 Pressure Plate will provide more than enough holding power for a majority of 3.0 V6 setups. If you would like a different clutch disc for your custom setup, please call us or email us for more information.
Click to enlarge picture
Click to enlarge picture
INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING -JHM Aluminum Lightweight flywheel or JHM Forged Chrome-Moly Lightweight Flywheel - New Pilot Bearing (already pressed in) - Flywheel to Crank Bolts - OEM B7-RS4 Pressure Plate - Organic Clutch Disc - Pressure Plate to Flywheel Bolts - Throwout Bearing - Clutch Alignment Tool INSTALLATION AND TORQUE NOTES HERE NOTE: Clutch break-in is important and must be done properly. You need to do as much city type driving as you can for the first 500 miles the new clutch is in the car. Each time you start from a stop or shift it aids in the break in process. Highway mileage does not count. You also MUST avoid any racing activities, launching, or aggressive driving during the break-in period as this gets the clutch disc too hot. With that being said, you can go full throttle but you just can't speed shift or power shift. For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
|Audi||A4||B6 (2002-2005)||3.0l V6 30v|
- My stock clutch was worn and fly wheel was completely shot and caused my car to vibrate. Replaced with this kit. I was surprised that having a 50% lighter flywheel which is 14lbs gives my car pretty much not chatter at all. I have even bogg shifted my car and ran it in higher gears at lower speeds and you can't hear the slightest chatter at all. Only time is when at idle when u rev it it has a very faint chatter for a split second which you can't really hear unless you fly listen hard to nitice it. With the lighter fly wheel acceleration in first is extremely noticeable as rpm climbs much faster than stock. Clutch is super smooth for a aftermarket stage 1. Just as smooth as oem but grabs much more harder than oem. Clutch peddle feels slightly different from oem but feels better. I'm still breaking it in right now so I haven't been able to be harder on it but just normal driving it feels so much better than oem. Oem is half cost but for the extra money it's a much better buy even if you don't plan on adding extra power to your car. I found oem clutch was rather on the weak side and did not like being used on the aggressive side. I found my oem was never able to deliver full power to the wheels. I have 2 friends with 3.0's with other x brand clutch which feel good but sound horrible with excessive chatter and that's not a noise you want to hear on your audi. Couldn't be happier with this clutch Review by Daniel (Posted on 4/18/2014)
Select options & add to cart to view final price