JHM Lightweight Flywheel and Clutch Combo with B7-RS4 Pressure Plate for B5-B6 A4 1.8T
Select options & add to cart to view final price
JHM Record Setting Track Run: 11.96 @ 116mph with our Stage 1 B6 S4 Vortech Supercharger Kit on a stock motor. VIDEO -->HERE> Yes, some of these are videos of our in house 2001.5 B5 S4 2.7T, 2005 B6 S4, our B7 RS4, not a 1.8T. HOWEVER, these videos better demonstrate the performance of this new clutch kit due to the fact that these cars have way more instant torque than the B6-A4 1.8T because of their increased displacement, all motor horsepower design, and no turbo lag. Pressure plate manufacturers use torque - not horsepower - to measure how much power a clutch kit can hold. Torque - not horsepower - is a measurable value. Horsepower is created through torque and revolutions per minute of the motor using a mathematical calculation, not by measuring the force of the motor directly. Therefore torque - not horsepower - is critical when measuring the performance of a clutch and pressure plate. We looked at these results from our V8 cars and our B5-S4 and thought that we had to get this setup on some of our employee's and local customers' B6-A4 1.8Ts. We wanted to offer our in-house 1.8Ts (and eventually our customers) the extra durability, street-ability, and lower cost of the B7 RS4 pressure plate. Unfortunately, the B7 RS4 pressure plate IS NOT a bolt on part for the B6-A4 1.8T. With our custom made lightweight flywheel, now it is. This flywheel is not like others out there. It's designed specifically to accept the B7-RS4 pressure plate. With our LWFW design, the B7-RS4 pressure plate offers an increased clamp load over previous setups. (We had it independently tested and we found that it has 18% more clamp load than the B5 RS4 pressure plate, a common upgrade for 1.8T customers). It also gives you a lighter and more precise pedal feel leading to all around better drivability in you B6-A4 1.8T. SPECIFICATIONS
- FLYWHEEL - These lightweight flywheels are made out of aluminum and weigh over 60% less than a stock flywheel!!! Our JHM Lightweight Flywheel weighs 9 lbs versus 24 lbs for a stock flywheel on a B6-A4 1.8T!!! Don't be scared away by the thought of unbearable chatter, though!!! Due to the fact that we increase the diameter of the clutch disc and in turn - the entire rotating assembly of the clutch and flywheel - the JHM Lightweight Flywheel and Clutch Combo doesn't chatter like you think an under ten pound lightweight flywheel would. The JHM Lightweight Flywheel and Clutch Combo (Flywheel, Disc, Pressure Plate) weighs 25 lbs versus the Stock Dual Mass Flywheel, Disc, and Pressure Plate which weighs 37 lbs. JHM Combo is STILL 12 lbs lighter overall or 30% lighter than stock! NOTE: If you have a brand-x lightweight flywheel you can send it to JHM for modification to accept the B7 RS4 pressure plate. Please email us for details. We do not modify OEM flywheels for this pressure plate at this time. Why a lightweight flywheel? When you reduce the weight of the rotating mass that the motor has to turn, you free up horsepower and make the engine more responsive.
- CLUTCH KIT - These are available in 3 stages. See drop down boxes below for all options and their prices.
-JHM Stage 1 (Full Organic): Good for Stock, Stage 2, Stage 3 1.8T Motors. This is the same clutch material that comes on the B7-RS4 and is capable of holding more power than a stock 1.8T motor can handle.
-JHM Stage 3 (hybrid Ceramic/Metal Backed Organic): Good for all Stage 3, Big Turbo 1.8T stock or built engines. NOTE: Stage 4 (hybrid Ceramic/Kevlar) Clutch Discs have been DISCONTINUED. If you are looking for a higher performance clutch setup than our Stage 3, we recommend our JHM R-Series Clutches that are more performance oriented and still retain street-ability. Click to enlarge picture
Click to enlarge picture
Click to enlarge picture
INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING -9 lb Hybrid Lightweight flywheel - Flywheel to crank bolts - OEM B7 RS4 pressure plate - clutch disc (choose stage below before ordering) - Pressure plate to flywheel bolts - Throwout bearing - Pilot Bearing - Clutch alignment tool FITMENT:
- B5-A4 1.8T with 5-Speed Transmission
- B6-A4 1.8T with 5-Speed Transmission
- B6-A4 1.8T with 6-Speed Transmission INSTALLATION AND TORQUE NOTES HERE NOTE: Clutch break-in is important and must be done properly. You need to do as much city type driving as you can for the first 500 miles the new clutch is in the car. Each time you start from a stop or shift it aids in the break in process. Highway mileage does not count. You also MUST avoid any racing activities, launching, or aggressive driving during the break-in period as this gets the clutch disc too hot. With that being said, you can go full throttle but you just can't speed shift or power shift. For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
- Big difference from stock clutch set-up
- I have a B6 A4 1.8t 6spd quattro with a decent amount of performance upgrades. I have APR big injector file, full turbo back exhaust (034 cat) and a few other minor stuff. I decided to go with the organic material because i'll never need anything beyond that. I am only 60 miles into the break in period but I absolutely love this set-up. It's very responsive, easy to shift and very smooth. It is a bit different then the orginal and I'll have to get used to this difference but it's not as aggressive as I thought it was going to be. I would highly recommend this set-up to anybody. (Posted on 12/13/2017)
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov