- JHM Intake Spacers (8mm thick) for B8-S5 FSI V8, Up to Early 2009
JHM Intake Spacers (8mm thick) for B8-S5 FSI V8, Up to Early 2009
Exhaust - Race Pipe - Stainless Steel (JHM) for B9 S4-S5 3.0T$1,199.95Add to Cart | Wishlist
Intercooler Kit - Front Mount or FMIC (JHM) Large Core for B7-A4 2.0T - BLACK COUPLERS
Select options & add to cart to view final price
JHM R Series Lightweight Flywheel (Chrome-Moly Forged) and Clutch Combo for B7-RS4
Select options & add to cart to view final price
PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A
Introducing the JHM Intake Spacers for the B8-S5 FSI V8. They are 8mm thick and CNC machined out of high quality materials.
What do they do? They help bring your intake temperatures down by insulating the intake manifold from the heat coming from the cylinder heads due to combustion. With a cooler intake manifold, you create a cooler and denser intake charge which helps add more torque and horsepower, gear after gear! The intake spacers also increase the length of your B8-S5's intake runners which also creates more torque.
With our in-house testing, we found gains everywhere throughout the RPM range. The biggest gains when we installed the intake spacers were from 5000 to 7000 rpm, with the second best area of gains occurring from 4200 to 6500 rpm. (We identify these gains by analyzing the data from our data-logging and performing acceleration rate calculations in 3rd gear.) The BEST advantage for these intake spacers is that we saw that the car didn't slow down after repeated pulls due to an extremely heat soaked intake manifold bringing the intake temperatures up. Bottom line, the longer we beat on our in-house S5, the better it performed when compared to tests without the intake spacers.
All in all, these spacers are a great modification for the money, especially on the naturally aspirated 4.2L FSI B8-S5 where every little gain counts!
- 2008 to Early VIN 2009 B8-S5s with the 4.2L 32v FSI (4 valve per cylinder) V8
**NOTE ABOUT FITMENT**: In early 2009, Audi changed the design of the intake manifold. B8-S5s built up to November 3rd, 2008 (which will look like "03.11.2008" on the inside of your driver door) have an aluminum, 1-piece intake manifold. The JHM Intake Manifold Spacers will fit this style intake manifold. B8-S5s with the 4.2L built AFTER November 3rd, 2008 (03.11.2008) have a two-piece, plastic intake manifold which these spacers will NOT fit. We are currently working on a solution for the late B8-S5s.
The JHM B8-S5 Intake Manifold Spacer Kit will include the following parts:
- 2x JHM Intake Spacers (1 for each side of the intake)
- 2x OEM Intake gaskets (1 for the each of the top sides of the spacers that mate to the intake manifold, you can reuse the stock gasket between the spacer and the cylinder head.) - Lower mileage cars only. If in doubt on the condition of your OEM gaskets select the option below for a second pair of gaskets.
- 10x stainless steel bolts, that are longer to accommodate the spacer (5 for each side of the intake)
- 10x washers for the supplied longer bolts (5 for each side of the intake)
- JHM Oil Separator Heater Bypass Kit. This helps keep the intake temperatures even lower and takes very little time (less than 5 minutes) to install with the intake manifold removed. NOTE: Not recommended for extremely cold climates.
- If you need additional gaskets, search SKU: OEM-079133074B and add q2 to cart
- Installation notes for the B8-S5 HERE
The installation of these intake spacers requires the same labor as a carbon cleaning. So if you're getting a carbon clean performed on your S5 to bring back your top end horsepower, why not install our JHM Intake Spacers and add some torque too?! **NOTE: In addition to a just removing the intake manifold for a carbon clean, the intake spacers require you to flex and move up the high pressure fuel line distributor by about 10mm (total width of the spacer plus an additional compressed gasket). You'll also need to adjust the fuel lines since the manifold will be sitting about 10mm higher than stock.**
For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
|Audi||S5||B8-B8.5 (2008-2017)||4.2l V8 32v FSI|
- Must have upgrade!!!!
- Great power addition if you're looking for some gains. Simple and straight forward installation process. The only dislike I have is with the hardware; it would of made sense to stick with the TORX head bolts instead of using HEX bolts. Be very careful because they strip easy. Overall, I'm satisfied with the product and performance. I can feel a significant power increase during pulls once I reach over 4k rpm. Along with my other performance mods, this one is an important piece to the puzzle. Review by JHM Intake Spacers (Posted on 12/12/2018)
By Purchasing any Off-Road use ONLY products from JH Motorsports, Inc. I acknowledge and understand the following disclosure. (This notice is located at the bottom of the page description of affected products on our website.)Vehicle Code § 27156:
(b) No person shall operate or leave standing upon a highway a motor vehicle that is required to be equipped with a motor vehicle pollution control device under Part 5 (commencing with Section 43000) of Division 26 of the Health and Safety Code or any other certified motor vehicle pollution control device required by any other state law or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant to that law, or required to be equipped with a motor vehicle pollution control device pursuant to the National Emission Standards Act (42 U.S.C. Secs. 7521 to 7550, inclusive) and the standards and regulations adopted pursuant to that federal act, unless the motor vehicle is equipped with the required motor vehicle pollution control device that is correctly installed and in operating condition. No person shall disconnect, modify, or alter any such required device.
(c) No person shall install, sell, offer for sale, or advertise any device, apparatus, or mechanism intended for use with, or as a part of, a required motor vehicle pollution control device or system that alters or modifies the original design or performance of the motor vehicle pollution control device or system. Health and Safety Code § 43000:
43001. The provisions of this part shall not apply to:
(a) Racing vehicles.
As the aforementioned code sections outline, it is against the law to operate or use a vehicle on public streets or highways with modified, altered, or disconnected motor vehicle pollution control devices. This may include but is not limited to, Evaporative Fuel Controls, Catalysts, DPF, PTOX, PCV Systems, Exhaust Gas Recirculation Systems, Oxygen Sensors, Thermostatic Air Cleaners, Air Intake Systems, Fuel Injectors, Regulators, Adjustable Cam Gears, ECU Programming, Mapping, or other Computer Modifications. Air Pumps, Air Injection, Timing, and any other Emission System Modification(s).
Purchaser acknowledges and certifies to JH Motorsports Inc., that Purchasers vehicle will only be used for racing applications or off road vehicle use only. Purchaser requests these modifications for the purpose of enhancing the vehicle for competitive Racing Applications and will not use this vehicle on public streets or highways. Purchaser agrees to indemnify JH Motorsports Inc., all employees, officers, owners, and subsidiaries for any civil or criminal liability arising out of use of Purchasers vehicle on public streets or highways as Purchaser has been duly notified of the laws and regulations regarding disconnecting, alteration, or modification of a vehicle’s pollution control devices. Purchaser understands and has been advised the driving of a vehicle on public streets or highways could result in criminal or civil penalties.
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov