- Exhaust - Race Pipe (JHM) 3" Catless Race Pipe for B7-A4 2.0T
Exhaust - Race Pipe (JHM) 3" Catless Race Pipe for B7-A4 2.0T
Exhaust - Race Pipe - Stainless Steel (JHM) for B9 S4-S5 3.0T$1,149.00Add to Cart | Wishlist
JHM Supercharger Kit for B8-S5 w/ 4.2L FSI V8, Stage 1
Select options & add to cart to view final price
Click to enlarge picture
This is the same Race Pipe that we ran in our JHM 2.0T when we set the fastest stock turbo quarter mile record: 13.38 seconds at 100.3 mph! INFORMATION ON THE B7-A4 2.0T EXHAUST SYSTEM: After the turbo on the B7-A4 2.0T there are 3 different components in the exhaust system:
- RACE PIPE or CAT PIPE (OEM Cat Pipe): This pipe is the shortest section of the exhaust system and can be seen from the top of the car. It attaches to the turbo outlet and in stock form, contains the OEM Catalytic Converter. There are two oxygen sensors located on this pipe - one right after the turbo outlet and one after cat. After the cat, this pipe bends down to connect to the next part of the exhaust system, the CAT-BACK which includes the DOWNPIPE and the REAR EXHAUST.
- DOWNPIPE: This section of the exhaust attaches to the cat pipe and runs down from that connection over the CV shaft then under the passenger side of the transmission cross-member. In the stock formation, it connects to the REAR EXHAUST via a slip fit clamp where the end of the DOWNPIPE slips over the REAR EXHAUST.
- REAR EXHAUST: This final piece of the exhaust system is connected to the back of the DOWNPIPE and in the stock configuration splits into two pipes after exiting a resonator. After the resonator, the pipes continue to go apart and then lead into a muffler on each side. At the exit of the muffler, the REAR EXHAUST ends with the tips that you can see at the back of your car. Sometimes this section of the exhaust is mistakenly called the "cat-back". On the B7-A4 2.0T, a cat-back exhaust would replace BOTH the DOWNPIPE and the REAR EXHAUST sections. Most quality exhaust manufacturers sell true "cat-back" exhausts that will bolt up to your OEM cat-pipe or your race pipe. However, we have found that a number of manufacturers making exhaust products for the B7-A4 2.0T will market a rear exhaust system as a cat-back. Use this information to make sure you know what exhaust components you are replacing. THE JHM DIFFERENCE:
The JHM B7-A4 2.0T 3" Race Pipe starts with nearly a 3 and a half inch opening at the turbo outlet! The outlet on the stock K03 turbo is 3.15 inches, so if we were to go with only a 3" inch opening on the pipe, we'd already be choking off the turbo! We opened up our pipe to the OEM Turbo to Cat Pipe gasket size which is actually slightly bigger than the OEM catalytic converter inlet. Click to enlarge picture
We also give our race pipe the largest downpipe connection possible while still maintaining strength in the connecting flange. This pipe is NOT like other race pipes out there which can neck down to the stock downpipe flange size. We make our outlet piping size as close to 3" as possible while still allowing it to hook up to whatever downpipe setup you currently have on your car. This leaves you room to grow into more powerful exhaust setups or just hook to your current stock downpipe. We maintain the stock bolt pattern but manufacture a custom flange that is opened up to receive our nearly 3" piping. Though this method **slightly** limits the size of pipe we can run at the outlet, we decided to put our piping inside the flange because it's a stronger way to build the flange connection while still allowing the race pipe to bolt up to both stock and other downpipes on the market. Click to enlarge picture
Finally, our Race Pipe features a J-bung for the secondary oxygen sensor. We've been working with several different configurations on this piece to get just the right setup for the B7-A4 2.0T. With our J-bung, not only will you be Check Engine Light free (for catalyst efficiency codes), but because of the way we've located it on the pipe, you'll also have easy access to the secondary oxygen should you ever need to replace it! Click to enlarge picture
For those customers interested upgrading to our JHM 3" Race Pipe who already have a larger downpipe (or are looking to buy our JHM Y-Adapter) we offer a no compromise gasket and hardware kit. When replacing your OEM cat-pipe with our JHM Race Pipe, you'll most likely need to replace the gasket at the cat-pipe to downpipe connection. Most companies just provide a stock gasket for this connection which has an inner diameter of 2.3". Not only is the JHM gasket that we include in our hardware kit made out of aluminum but it also features an inner diameter of 2.8" - the largest possible diameter while still maintaining the stock bolt pattern. To purchase this hardware kit, please go back one section and add the item to your cart. You can also search for "JHM 2.0T Hardware Kit" in the search box on the top, right-hand corner on any page on our website.
For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
Off-road use ONLY: THIS PRODUCT IS FOR RACING COMPETITION ONLY AND IS NOT LEGAL FOR USE IN HIGHWAY OR STREET VEHICLES OR OTHER NON-RACING COMPETITION OFF-ROAD VEHICLES. BY PURCHASING THIS PRODUCT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE ITS INTENDED USE.
|Audi||A4||B7 (2005.5-2009)||2.0t FSI|
- Fitment is perfect and it looks superb. No CEL on stock programming (very noticeable butt dyno power gains even with stock program). Programmed with the test pipe is a blast. Completely changes the tone of the motor especially when entering warp speed. Great for my daily (I take the off-road route) commutes and running errands. Review by Daniel (Posted on 1/9/2017)
- Installed this Test pipe on my B7 Avant Tiptronic and install was a breeze. No check engine lights, no exhaust leaks. This pipe has great quality!! Review by Ryan (Posted on 5/15/2016)
- Probably the best test pipe made for the B7 A4! Looks great, sounds amazing and NO check engine light! Review by David (Posted on 8/13/2015)
- Did a lot of research on test pipes/ HFC's before I made any purchase. My number one concern was not throwing a check engine light due to emissions. (Im chipped with GIAC which offers no CEL delete for test pipes/ HFC's After speaking with Dru he assured my that this pipe would not throw a CEL. 2 week after I installed it there is still no check engine light. Car feels faster and spools way harder. Very satisfied with this product, id strongly recommend it. 5* Review by Michael (Posted on 12/3/2014)
Select options & add to cart to view final price