- Exhaust - Cat-Back - JHM B6 S4 Stainless Steel 2.5" w X-Pipe by FI
Exhaust - Cat-Back - JHM B6 S4 Stainless Steel 2.5" w X-Pipe by FI
NOTE: A small handling fee will be added at the Shipping Options page, make sure you pick a GROUND shipping option - FedEx or UPS (shipping weight is configured as only 1lb for this item). This was required to make the shipping prices more actual based on the VERY large box size and what FI charges us.
CALL US OR EMAIL US FOR OTHER SHIPPING QUOTES. JHM Cat Back Exhausts are MADE TO ORDER products built by Fast Intentions. They should ship in 6 - 8 weeks from the time your order is placed. These Cat Backs fit Sedans and Avants ONLY The cat backs don't fit the Cabriolets due to the extra structural components under the car to help make up for the missing roof. FI can do them locally in Southern California. However some people have bought the cat back and had either themselves or a local fab shop do some final adjustments (hammering or cutting and welding) to clearance some items. This is not recommended. Why did JHM decide to sell Fast Intentions Cat Back exhausts instead of making their own? Well after we went 12.97 @ 109.1mph in the quarter mile (fastest all motor time) with a car we tuned with a Fast Intentions cat back we knew the system performed in the real world. We even made some of our own cat backs for local customers to see if we could extract more power. However, we found that no matter what we did we could not outperform the Fast Intentions cat back. So if you can't beat em, join em. So we are now proud to offer Fast Intentions cat back exhausts with X-pipes and optional resonators. Why 2.5" piping diameter? After much testing and calculations based on the 4.2L 40v V8 engine's demands it is the optimal size. With a 2.25" exhaust you leave yourself no room to grow with more mods. We have also found with a 2.5" cat back torque is not sacrificed and the top end gains and the room for growth far outweigh going with a limiting 2.25" cat back. Why an X-pipe? Time and time again in just about any car with a Naturally Aspirated V8 there is always more power made with a X-pipe. So why leave any power on the table with a car that doesn't have the luxury of turning up the boost? Bottom line: X-pipes just scavenge better thus creating more power. They also tend to make the car have a cleaner more refined sound. Pic of the X-pipe -->HERE Click to enlarge picture
Includes: Complete cat back exhaust system with dual 2.5" stainless piping and 2 free flowing Mufflers. Mounting Hardware included. Options:
- Downpipe connection: Select from the dropdown box below if need a 2.5" connection to the downpipes to directly fit our Fast Intentions 2.5" downpipes (should fit other popular 2.5" downpipes with no or minor modifications). Or select the necked down ends to bolt up to OEM style downpipes or piggie pipes with stock pipe diameter.
- Resonators: Select yes or no from the dropdown box below. All resonators are 14 inches long.
- B7-S4 "25quattro" Edition: Select Yes from the dropdown below if you have a B7-S4 "25quattro" Edition S4 with Dual Tips (as opposed to quad tips like other B7-S4s). Video: B6 S4 with the standard resonated Fast Intentions Cat Back and piggie downpipes. -->HERE Video: B6 S4 (quarter mile runs) with the standard resonated Fast Intentions Cat Back and Fast Intentions Catless Downpipes (NOTE: catless downpipes are noticeably louder)-->HERE> Video: B6 S4 (quarter mile runs and burnouts) with the standard resonated Fast Intentions Cat Back and Fast Intentions Catless Downpipes (NOTE: catless downpipes are noticeably louder)< -->HERE> Chart from quietest to loudest.
1. Standard FI muffler with resonator
2. Standard FI muffler without resonator
SHIPPING NOTES: PRICE INCLUDES GROUND SHIPPING IN THE LOWER 48 STATES (USA) VIA UPS. NOTE: A small amount on top of this will be added at the shipping options page, make sure you pick ground (shipping weight is configured as only 1lb for this item). This was required to make the shipping prices more actual based on the VERY large box size and what FI charges us.
CALL US OR EMAIL US FOR OTHER SHIPPING QUOTES. Also If you are near FI and want them to install it choose "local pickup" and we will get FI paid and they will contact you to arrange the appointment and give you labor quotes.
For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
|Audi||S4||B6 (2003-2005)||4.2l V8 40v|
|Audi||A4||B7 (2005.5-2009)||2.0t FSI|
I purchased the JHM supercharger kit, Cat back, Downpipes, Trio and more.
My car finally feels like how it should have been built from the beginning. The visceral connection is hard to describe, the power is extraordinary, the shifting is incredible, the exhaust note is so sublime I keep turning off the radio just so I can hear it better. I am now dreaming of a built motor. You are the best!
-Mark Review by Mark (Posted on 11/2/2013)
- I bought my catback a year ago, and it is one of the best purchases I made. I bought the resonated version and it sounds great in city driving. Review by Leo (Posted on 7/8/2010)
Installed resonated catback exhaust together with downpipes (with cat). System has excellent sound at low rpm, low and aggressive, but well rounded. At sustained mid rpm, system runs fairly quiet, but as soon as you push the pedal, the aggresive sounds returns.
Noticed immediately increased acceleration throughout the entire rpm range and better throttle response.
I would recommend the system to anybody who is looking for better sound, better performance, yet wants to remain friends with neighbors. But when you are out of the neighborhood, ......... Review by Dirk (Posted on 5/19/2010)
Select options & add to cart to view final price