- Catch Can Breather Kit, MkIV Volkswagen Golf/Jetta/GTI/GLI 1.8T
Catch Can Breather Kit, MkIV Volkswagen Golf/Jetta/GTI/GLI 1.8T
Complete breather kit for the 1.8T GTI, fully bolt in for stock application and fully modified cars. Neatly replaces the relay cluster mounted on the drivers side fire wall (adjacent to where the engine harness comes over the firewall), a direct bolt in no modifications required.
- 034Motorsport custom baffled Vortex breather can, this design can is used in aircraft and motorsport applications to remove oil and water vapor from the crank case fumes. As crank case fumes are forced out, they enter the catch can tangentially, through centrifugal force causing heavier oil and water vapor to fling outward and drain down the walls of the can. This is a much more effective way of seperating oil and water vapor than most generic "catch cans"
- Full draining back to the block so the can never has to be drained, a 034Motorsport oil drain flange mounts between the oil pan and the turbo oil drain line to allow seperated oil to drain back to the sump.
- Molded reinforced silicone hoses for lifelong use and durability, large diameter hoses ensure restriction free crank case ventilation, catch can features 1" fittings for high flow.
- Full recirculation back into the intake for smog compliance, or can be implimented with an air filter on the catch can outlet to keep any oil fumes out of the intake system. Choose option below.
- All clamps, fittings and hardware required to install the kit in virtually any Mk4 VW 1.8T.
Now shipping with black wrinklecoated catch cans.
Please Note: Does not fit early AWD engine code cars.
Off-road use ONLY: THIS PRODUCT IS FOR RACING COMPETITION ONLY AND IS NOT LEGAL FOR USE IN HIGHWAY OR STREET VEHICLES OR OTHER NON-RACING COMPETITION OFF-ROAD VEHICLES. BY PURCHASING THIS PRODUCT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE ITS INTENDED USE.
|Volkswagen||Golf||MK IV (1999-2006)||1.8t|
|Volkswagen||GTI||MK IV (1999-2006)||1.8t|
|Volkswagen||Jetta||MK IV (1999-2005)||1.8t|
By Purchasing any Off-Road use ONLY products from JH Motorsports, Inc. I acknowledge and understand the following disclosure. (This notice is located at the bottom of the page description of affected products on our website.)Vehicle Code § 27156:
(b) No person shall operate or leave standing upon a highway a motor vehicle that is required to be equipped with a motor vehicle pollution control device under Part 5 (commencing with Section 43000) of Division 26 of the Health and Safety Code or any other certified motor vehicle pollution control device required by any other state law or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant to that law, or required to be equipped with a motor vehicle pollution control device pursuant to the National Emission Standards Act (42 U.S.C. Secs. 7521 to 7550, inclusive) and the standards and regulations adopted pursuant to that federal act, unless the motor vehicle is equipped with the required motor vehicle pollution control device that is correctly installed and in operating condition. No person shall disconnect, modify, or alter any such required device.
(c) No person shall install, sell, offer for sale, or advertise any device, apparatus, or mechanism intended for use with, or as a part of, a required motor vehicle pollution control device or system that alters or modifies the original design or performance of the motor vehicle pollution control device or system. Health and Safety Code § 43000:
43001. The provisions of this part shall not apply to:
(a) Racing vehicles.
As the aforementioned code sections outline, it is against the law to operate or use a vehicle on public streets or highways with modified, altered, or disconnected motor vehicle pollution control devices. This may include but is not limited to, Evaporative Fuel Controls, Catalysts, DPF, PTOX, PCV Systems, Exhaust Gas Recirculation Systems, Oxygen Sensors, Thermostatic Air Cleaners, Air Intake Systems, Fuel Injectors, Regulators, Adjustable Cam Gears, ECU Programming, Mapping, or other Computer Modifications. Air Pumps, Air Injection, Timing, and any other Emission System Modification(s).
Purchaser acknowledges and certifies to JH Motorsports Inc., that Purchasers vehicle will only be used for racing applications or off road vehicle use only. Purchaser requests these modifications for the purpose of enhancing the vehicle for competitive Racing Applications and will not use this vehicle on public streets or highways. Purchaser agrees to indemnify JH Motorsports Inc., all employees, officers, owners, and subsidiaries for any civil or criminal liability arising out of use of Purchasers vehicle on public streets or highways as Purchaser has been duly notified of the laws and regulations regarding disconnecting, alteration, or modification of a vehicle’s pollution control devices. Purchaser understands and has been advised the driving of a vehicle on public streets or highways could result in criminal or civil penalties.
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov