JHM Tuning or Tune for B8-S5 w/ 4.2L FSI V8 (32v)
Availability: In stock
Regular Price: $695.00
Special Price $625.50
- JHM 2.5" Cat-Back Exhaust System: The 2.5" exhaust system that we offer for the B8-S5 will allow the exhaust to flow more efficiently with the calculated scavenging effect of our X-Pipe, allowing you to make more power.
Please go back one section to take a look at the product pages for the above recommended supporting modifications. NOTE FOR MODEL YEAR 2008 The LATE style Oil Level Sender is needed for model year 2008 S5s only. This is because our software updates you to a newer software version that was not made available to the 2008 vehicles. By not having the updated Oil Level Sender, your car will display an "Oil Over Filled" warning. This will not affect the car in any way and will only be an annoyance until the oil level sender is replaced with the late style. A good time to change the Oil Level Sender is while doing an oil change since removing the sender will cause you to lose some oil. We have both LATE Oil Level Senders and Oil Change Kits available in our store if you go back one section! One of the benefits of having the LATE Oil Level Sensor is that you can reprogram your MMI to utilize the new sensor's ability to display your current oil level! Check out our write-up on how to reprogram your MMI HERE --> MMI Oil Level Display for 2008 S5. OPTIONS When you order please specify your year, body type, octane, and flashing method by using the dropdown boxes below. - Transmission: In order to confirm that we have an ECU calibration for your specific box code, please select your S5's Transmission type (Manual or Automatic) from the dropdown below.
- Country: In order to confirm that we have an ECU calibration for your specific box code, please select your S5's region (USA - Canada or Rest of World) from the dropdown below.
- Year: In order to confirm that we have an ECU calibration for your specific box code, please select the year of your S5 (2008 - 2013) from the dropdown below.
- Octane: In order to make sure you get the correct ECU calibration, we need to know what octane fuel you use on a regular basis. Please select 91 octane or 93 octane from the dropdown below.
For Flashing Method, select "Flash Myself, SEPARATE Cable Purchase Required, CLICK LINK BELOW" if you're going to be buying a cable from us and flashing your car on your own. You'll need to add this option.
- Windows computer with at least 1 USB (Universal Serial Bus) port
- Wired Broadband Connection (wireless can be unreliable)
- JHM Flashing Cable (Flash cable length cannot extend beyond 10 ft long unless a powered USB hub is installed in-line.
- 40-AMP Battery Charger You can download and view the instructions HERE to determine whether or not this is something you would like to do. Our dealer network is large and growing daily. If we don't have a dealer within an hour drive of your location, we will do everything possible to build a new relationship with a shop close to you on your behalf. Please contact us for more information. DO NOT SHIP YOUR ECU TO JHM!!! NOTE for customers with an ECU that already has brand-x software: JHM Flash Tuning technology will overwrite **most** previous tuning on your ECU. If you're already tuned with a poorly performing, "brand-x" ECU tune, you don't need to worry about it interfering with the process for becoming JHM Tuned. For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. If you are looking to purchase other products at the same time as your tune, please do so on a separate invoice.
Off-road use ONLY: THIS PRODUCT IS FOR RACING COMPETITION ONLY AND IS NOT LEGAL FOR USE IN HIGHWAY OR STREET VEHICLES OR OTHER NON-RACING COMPETITION OFF-ROAD VEHICLES. BY PURCHASING THIS PRODUCT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE ITS INTENDED USE.
|Audi||S5||B8-B8.5 (2008-2017)||4.2l V8 32v FSI|
- A Worthy Tune
I purchased a used 2009 S5 end of summer. It had the AWE track exhaust installed by previous owner. My birthday was Mid Nov and said I'd drive her like she was and get a tune for my birthday. I just got around to it, and she definitely runs different, and in all good ways! It might be the throttle response that is so much different that is the large majority of the difference, but she just seems to run netter overall. My friend described it best. It's like she got over her cold.
The only possible negative is why I mentioned the AWE exhaust. The exhuast isn't quite as growly, and it's much quieter when just cruising.
I have a stick and I have to relearn how to shift with this new tune the throttle reslonse is so much more sensitive.
I highly recommend this product. It is a bit of a different car with it installed. (Posted on 11/25/2017)
I drove a factory stock V8 S5 for 15,000 miles. Got very used to the car, how it felt, how fast it was, etc. Then I got the JHM Full Exhaust and tune. As they state on their product page, it totally transforms the car. It's more powerful, idles smoother, pulls more eagerly from low RPM, and absolutely ROCKETS forward from 3500RPM. Hard to believe it's still all motor when you hit that sweet spot. You'd swear a turbo has been strapped on but nope, that's JHM for you. Oh and did I mention the sound of the exhaust is absolutely to die for.
Next up is catless test pipes and clutch/flywheel. Can't wait to feel the difference of another round of JHM! (Posted on 12/21/2015)
Regular Price: $250.00
Special Price $225.00