JHM 6-Rib Alternator Belt Conversion Kit, Version 2 for B6-B7 S4 and C5-allroad w 4.2L (40v)
Click to enlarge picture
After years of running this setup on our in-house B6-S4 with our JHM Supercharger Kit for proof of concept - not to mention the tens of thousands additional miles put on the conversion kit by all of our JHM Supercharger Kit customers - we are finally ready to offer our 6-Rib Alternator Belt Upgrade and Conversion Kit to ALL B6-B7 S4 and C5-allroad 4.2L owners! Click to enlarge picture
**NOTE: Old, OEM tensioner assembly shown. All 6-Rib Kits now include the JHM Automatic Tensioner Conversion Kit pictured at top of product page.**
ABOUT THE PRODUCT The biggest advantage to upgrading your OEM Alternator Belt and Pulley setup to our JHM 6-Rib setup is the added longevity/durability/robustness that you get from increasing the width/adding an extra rib to the belt. On top of all this the lips on the JHM 6-rib Pulleys are almost 3 times taller than stock! This will make it virtually impossible for you to throw a belt - no matter how hard you drive it! The extra rib increases the grip the belt has on the pulleys without increasing - or even decreasing - the overall tension of the belt. This translates to LESS belt slip with the same tension. The taller ribs will practically bulletproof your pulley setup by keeping the belt from coming off for just about ANY reason since these pulleys were purpose built for the JHM Supercharger kit. As a byproduct you will also not have to over tighten your weak 5-rib setup to help keep the belt on. This will lessen the risk of damaging or wearing out your alternator bearings over time due to extra load. When we upgraded to a 6-rib belt and pulley setup, we were already ahead of OEM Audi engineers. They also upgraded the belt setup on the 3.0T Supercharged V6 to a 6-rib setup as well! Makes you wonder about the 5-rib based Supercharger kits out there and how much abuse or boost they can really handle. In addition to the increases in strength and durability, this 6-rib setup with also give you major weight savings over your stock pulley setup. With a naturally aspirated motor, anything you can do to reduce the weight that the rotating assembly has to push, will reduce load on the motor and free up power. Compared to the stock components, our JHM Lightweight, 6-rib Crank and Alternator Pulleys shed up almost 6 pounds off of your rotating assembly. That's a weight savings of over 70%!!! (**NOTE: These weight savings are based off of the Delphi Alternator setup on the B6-S4 which has a slightly heavier pulley than the Updated Hitachi Alternator.**) Click to enlarge picture
Click to enlarge picture
Click to enlarge picture
JHM 6-Rib Lightweight Pulley Weights versus OEM Pulley Weights:
- B6-B7 S4 OEM Crank Pulley: 7.0 lbs
- B6-B7 S4 OEM Delphi Alternator Pulley: 1.2 lbs
- B6-B7 S4 OEM Hitachi Alternator Pulley: 0.9 lbs
- Total weight, OEM Delphi Alternator Setup: 8.2 lbs
- Total weight, OEM Hitachi Alternator Setup: 7.9 lbs
- JHM B6-B7 S4 6-Rib, Lightweight Crank Pulley: 1.8 lbs
- JHM B6-B7 S4-RS4 6-Rib, Lightweight Alternator Pulley: 0.6 lbs
- Total weight, JHM 6-Rib, Lightweight Setup: 2.4 lbs TOTAL WEIGHT SAVINGS:
- JHM 6-Rib, Lightweight versus Delphi Setup: 5.8 lbs or over a 70% weight reduction!!!
- JHM 6-Rib, Lightweight versus Hitachi: 5.5 lbs or over a 69% weight reduction!!! Lastly, purchasing this kit puts you one step further along on the upgrade path to the JHM Supercharger Kit. This 6-Rib Lightweight Crank Pulley and Alternator Pulley will be used in all stages of our JHM Supercharger Kit. So, when you're ready to upgrade to the JHM Supercharger kit, we'll give you a $500 credit off of your order since you already have these parts on your B6-B7 S4 and C5-allroad 4.2L! INCLUDES:
- 1x JHM 6-Rib Lightweight Crank Pulley
- 1x JHM 6-Rib Lightweight Alternator Pulley
- 1x JHM Modified Automatic Tensioner Assembly with Pulley
- 1x JHM CNC Aluminum Mounting Bracket
- 1x Gates 6-Rib Belt (High quality, made in USA, used in our Supercharger Kits)
- 8x Crank Pulley Bolts
- 1x Low Profile 10mm Allen bolt and washer for mounting Tensioner to Bracket
- 2x 8mm Allen Bolts for Mounting Bracket to block
- 1x 8mm Allen Flat Head Bolt for Mounting Bracket to Alternator INSTALLATION NOTES:
- Our JHM 6-Rib Alternator Belt Conversion Kit is now a complete replacement solution!!! Previously, you had to modify your OEM tensioner but now that we've released our JHM Automatic Tensioner Conversion Kit, all JHM B6-B7 S4 and C5-allroad 4.2L 6-Rib Kits will come with our new JHM Automatic Tensioner Assembly. Click to enlarge picture
- Due to the increased width of the larger tensioner, some clearancing of the core support is required. See installation notes in the zip file below.
- For some installation notes and a set of labeled pictures detailing the modification,core support clearance and installation of this kit, please click HERE.
- NOTE: Tiptronic-Automatic Trans cars will need to bend the trans cooler lines in the core support as well to clear the auto tensioner arm or purchase our trans cooler kit upgrade which deletes those hard lines from the core support. See the instruction zip file above for more info and pictures.
- One bolt hole on your stock crank pulley has a dowel in it that must be removed and inserted into the JHM pulley. Once this dowel is installed in the JHM 6-Rib, Lightweight Crank Pulley, the pulley can only be installed in one way. Torque all of the crank pulley bolts to 18 ft-lbs in a star pattern. We also recommend applying loctite to these bolts.
- In order to install this kit, you will need to either put the car in "service position" or completely remove the "front clip" of the car. This provides you with a great opportunity to consider installing an upgraded 034Motorsport Snub Mount and a 034Motorsport Zero Gap Snub Bracket.
For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
|Audi||S4||B6 (2003-2005)||4.2l V8 40v|
|Audi||allroad||C5 (2001-2005)||4.2l V8 40v|
|Audi||S4||B7 (2005.5-2009)||4.2l V8 40v|
- Great stuff
- Excellent fit and finish, very well made. Plus the pulley design upgrade works - no more slipped belts! (Posted on 8/6/2018)
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Sale Price $185.54
Sale Price $32.55